Sunday, September 11, 2016

Gridiron Gang

It's that time of year again, I've got a boy another year older (can you believe it)?


This year it kind of sneaked up on me (sort of like the tween attitude thing).
When I asked Connor what he wanted to do for his birthday, he really wanted to go to the Zoo.
(This kid loves the Zoo more than anyone I've ever met.)

I talked him into waiting for cooler weather before we went to The Zoo and then we thought of  another idea.  
Football has been such a great experience for Connor this year, we thought it would be fun to have a flag football game with the Awana Club at church.   I have to tell you this has been one of my favorite ideas so far.

I guess it's because we know such great kids, they have such great parents, and we have such great fun!


Introducing 
The Gridiron Gang:



Connor and I making the Snack Stadium.




I even made the cake this year. 
 It didn't look great, but I saved about 25 bucks (and everyone ate it).


My favorite part was The Super Bowl Rings (ring pops).... I know I'm such a girl.

I haven't felt well all weekend- leaving me very spacey.  
I had no idea how I was going to transport the cake, so I actually trusted my 'other son' to hold it on the ride to church.  (I blame the allergy meds.)
He really is like family because he said 'I've got it, as long as you don't drive crazy.'
Who Me?

We delivered it safely!  #hallelujah




Time to get our Game Face On!

Best Dad Ever
(our whole church has the 'Best Dads' Ever.... we had about four dads that helped out the whole time)




Oh Yeah, psych out your opponent!







Connor insisted we be as authentic as possible.  While he played a real game Saturday, Carlee and I decorated a few game day papers.  I think we did pretty good for two princesses.

Trick or Treat Smell Defeat

Get Your Popcorn and Watch the Show

Hustle


Hit


Never Quit!!


A lot of the children told me they didn't really play football.  I was really surprised to see they all went out there and gave 100%.  
They played hard and supported each other.

Enjoy the action shots-






















One girl played with all those boys.
Like a boss, she did great.






Playing like a girl here....  #getit




We also had quite the cheering squad, showing their own athletic and creative abilities!

Enjoy the action shots:








This was such a blessed day.




We couldn't have had more fun with the best Gridiron Gang this side of the south!









No comments:

Post a Comment