Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mini Story Walk- Easter

Today has been a busy day at the church.
It started with two lessons on Easter and ended with two interviews for our youth leader search.
Please be in prayer for this process.  
It has been quite the responsibility but God is so good to teach me such important things at this time in my life.

On to our miniature story walk.  

I'm thinking this summer that I will expand into a larger story walk.  This one may have been a bit too short (and I've already thought about extra elements I could have added with more time and energy).

We started with a Hosanna Parade to represent Jesus entering Jerusalem on the Donkey while the people shouted for Him- The King!


Next we made a stop at the 'Last Supper'. 

My second group was nearly all boys (and Carlee)...there may have been a spill or two at this time.  ;) 


Isn't he the cutest?  

We then stopped at the place where the soldier arrested Jesus, and later they taunted Him with a crown of thorns.



After Jesus was crucified, He was wrapped and buried in the tomb.  We used heavy weights to signify the moving of the stone at the tomb....
and discussed the feeling we would have if someone we loved dissapeared from the grave. 


Fishers of Men?

Here we find the tomb empty.  

(If you are interested in teaching children/children in church, please invest in a cheap pop out tent.  This tent has been used as a--- cave, Noah's Ark, Jonah the Whale, ship, tomb, etc.  The possibilities are endless.)

Yikes!  A soldier in the tomb.

Inside the 'empty' tomb, the children each took out a cross.  They returned to the room where we read the final part of the Easter story.


He has Risen.  
We blew bubbles to show the Rise of Christ, and we wore fluorescent lights to compare God's light during a time of darkness.  

I played this song, He is Risen by Paul Baloche.

 Somewhere in the middle of The Easter Story, one of the boys highly encouraged me to watch a life changing video called 'Unstable Unicorns'.
I have no idea the connection but I now know about a new game (and I now know I'm as ADD as any boy).



Early morning break of dawn


Stumbling to the tomb
Standing awestruck wondering who
Rolled away the stone
And as the sun came up
Amazed they looked inside
A voice, an angel clothed in light
Don’t be afraid, He is alive!




He is risen Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Christ is risen
Let the whole world sing
Christ is risen 
Christ is risen from the dead



No comments:

Post a Comment