Saturday, March 17, 2018

Super Sweet 06

Happy Sweet 6 Carlee

Look what a difference a year makes!  Wow.
In our house we call her 'the doll'.  It is most fitting because she is our doll and she always will be at age 6 or age 60.  💗

This year we approached the birthday a little differently.  
Although it's hard for Carlee to verbalize it, I think crowds/people stress. her. out.  

We decided to celebrate her birthday with family on the day of her birthday, and then later schedule a playdate with a few friends.
Although I hate the thought of leaving anyone out (because we know all the sweetest little boys and girls), sometimes you just have to scale it down.

There were a lot of benefits to doing it this way-
1. less 'stuff' / gifts
2.  more quality time with each child
3.  less stress due to weather (schizophrenic March weather), sickness,  and other unexpected March things.  It's so much easier to cancel a playdate over a large party.  
For example, Carlee had me worried by getting sick mid-week.  I couldn't complain because the kids have had a great winter (even if it is poor timing) but she recovered by today!  Yipeee.
The weekend prior we had snow/ice, today it was 65 degrees.  You just never know about these things.




#6 is such a Sweet Age
Now y'all know me-  I had to go with a theme.  
American Girl Doll (or in our case Generic American Girl, ha. ha.  )

We had to get our doll ready since she was the STAR of the Party.

This week I happened across a DIY video on how to pierce a doll's ears.  Carlee was thrilled to try it.

First we got DOLLIE ready:
 

Then we marked her ears.  




Using a push pin, we then pierced her ears!  
Don't try this at home with real children. lol



Surprisingly, it is really easy for Carlee to switch the earrings out (which she loves since she can't change her own earrings yet).
I do recommend buying a set of earrings just for the doll or make sure you clean them well before a human wears them again.



Doughnut Earrings


Pearls


Hearts




For our playdate, 
we sent out an invite to both Friend and Dollie. 





 Tea & Lunch



Dessert 

Using Oreos, sprinkles, and icing, the girls made a Dollie Birthday Cake.


I also had a miniature tea set placed so the girls could decorate them with little stickers.

 (I loved the set so much, I purchased two of them!) 

Yummo


Since we still haven't ordered Connor's bed yet, I tilted his mattress up and used his room for our 'crafts'. 


Here we created necklaces and t. shirts for our dolls.  
The string I bought for the necklaces was terrible.  It was stretchy but kept unknotting, and then the beads went bouncing everywhere. 
By the time I found 'back up' string, the girls were totally over it. 


The shirt making went a little smoother.
I used cut off onesies (newborn) and fabric markers.  We also had some princess stencils laying around the house (doesn't everyone?).

These girls are quite crafty.





Carlee made the best balloon decorations for her own room!  I love them.

We also set up a table for all of the dolls.  I set out bands and bows so that the girls could do doll hair.

I'm not even going to go into all of this..... but after two rolls of Cotton Candy duct tape, blood, sweat, magic, tears from an oyster, and one shower later .... all of the dolls were laying in the floor with bandannas stuck to their faces five minutes before the party.


We just cut this activity but it was a nice idea while it lasted.




We actually hit a very pretty day and the girls were able to go outside.
Jump if you are ready for Spring!




 
Play & Imagination Time


Carlee seemed much more comfortable with a small group. At one point she just walked away from all of us and went downstairs to sit alone.  I finally realize that some people need alone time and it's ok.  
After a bit, she returned to play and I was able to let her without complaint. 


I was excited about these parting gifts.  
I got them reduced on Amazon.  Even though the packing was really worn out- the product was super cute.
A Doll Birthday Party Set.  



It came with a cake, cupcakes/stand, invites, two party hats, a banner (stickers for the name) and forks/ plates.





We definitely enjoyed our American Girl Dolls today.


No comments:

Post a Comment