Friday, April 29, 2016

Missions and Table Settings

Last night I attended a special event for the WMU (Women's Mission Union).
I'm a bit new to WMU but so far it's been very nice to spend time with other women, and I've already learned a few things in the process. 

I'm thinking of jazzing up meetings by suggesting that purple boas, tiaras, and cookies be mandatory.  For now all women are welcome as you are to share the word of God.

This event was hosted by Calvary.  

We (and by "we" I mean our creative WMU leader Mrs. A.) decorated a table.  Then we enjoyed dinner and the spiritual words of Amy Heywood (http://amyheywood.com/).

I told Mrs. A. I was quite good at table settings for next year if she needed me.  I described my very own creations:

I think she may have been thinking 'don't call me, I'll call you'.  Ha. Ha.

Although, after 8pm I really struggle with simple things like sitting still...listening...focus.....breathing, 
the evening was lovely.

(see below for more on the tables)



If I were a table setting:
Pearls in Spring


Lovely and Edible (Yum)





Tea Party 
(Yassssss!)





  
Don't these ladies look FAB?
Flip Flops and Summer Hats





Sunny and Bold




Walk in Faith 



For my crafters- check out the sewing machine, very crafty indeed... 






Rainy Days & Bumble Bees






Spring Nesting





Last is my favorite,
(and not because it's ours)
No Sireee.
It was just my favorite.

Introducing our table (our motto):
Live, Love, Laugh


and we received a token to take home at the end.


I figure since we had three Amandas in attendance our theme can be "Amanda" next year.
(The more I think about it, the more I love it.)




I am blessed to have such a great church family.



#SingHisPraises



No comments:

Post a Comment