Saturday, May 14, 2016

A Fishy Life

Last night we had big fun at the Spring Fling.


I begged Carlee to do the cake walk and win a cake for me, 
but she wasn't into it.
I don't blame her, being pampered works too!


I have no idea what Connor did last night.  I never saw him until the end.
I didn't even give him tickets and somehow he scrounged enough to win.....


a fish!


Carlee also won a fish.
(named Goldust and Nemo)

She was so thrilled and insisted on holding the fish.  The poor thing jingled in the bag until we got home.
I prayed over that fish like it was in ICU.


The "fun" part about "free" fish is that you get to take care of them.
We headed to the store to pick up supplies when the kids began to argue about who gets to keep their fish in their room.
They picked out two glass bowls.


Next we started research and we read about all the MANY things you need to do to keep fish alive.  About how they like to jump to their death out of bowls and how they like to have a friend and how they need carbs and proteins and plants and how if you JINGLE it in a bag it weakens the immune system and about how they don't need to be in tight spaces........
I was so stressed.


We had an aquarium but we did not have an air filter or pump.  
Still, things are looking good for now.



The kids agreed to switch off the tank in their rooms weekly.  Connor was a good brother and let Carlee have the fish first but then Connor took his sleeping bag and slept in Carlee's room (with the fish).  



This morning I woke up to a lot of laughter.  The kids have been watching BBC talking animals.
If you haven't watched it, it is hilarious.



The kids used the iPad to make their own Funny Talking Animals.
I love Carlee's 'underwater' voice.


That is the story of how we won FREE fish.






No comments:

Post a Comment