Sunday, May 15, 2016

Good Heavens

Tonight's post is dedicated to Mr. T.

Mr. T. was a person who you wonder to yourself "could I ever be that good?"  
A father, son, husband, and friend-   Mr. T. was humble, kind, smart, giving, and Godly.
Every time he would give the financial report at church, I would be a bit hypnotized with how methodical and careful he would read over the numbers and answer questions.   Coming from someone like me (who always approaches life like a mix between The Tasmanian Devil and David Copperfield) I was always in admiration.

Mr. T. was FUNNY, his humor was quirky and unexpected.  It was my favorite.
I once got my email stuck on all caps font and could not figure out how to fix it.  I sent an email to Mr. T. asking to book me for the fellowship hall and apologizing for the ALL CAPS font.  He sent me an email back that read 'I am reading you loud and clear Amanda, no need to worry'.  
Once when Mr. T. and Darren worked a mission together making (as Mr. T. explained)  "at least one million snow cones for West Virginia", Darren shared he graduated in 1994.  Mr. T. said 'I think that was the year I bought these jeans'.



This morning, I knew there would be people who would appreciate the purpose of my lesson and then others who would think 'why? why would anyone...?' 
  
It makes me happy to think I definitely would have made Mr. T. chuckle.
We will definitely miss you Mr. T!
Our prayers are with the very beautiful and special family who are experiencing the most loss today.

****



I have to apologize in advance.
This morning, Good Heavens made an appearance for Children's Church, and did not get one picture with the sweet morning group.
Good Heavens plans to come out of retirement so she can get photos with the early risers, because they ROCKED the bible lesson today also.

This week, Connor has shared with me many concerns and worries he has about things he has heard on the radio/news.
I realized that he, like many children at our church, is entering the age that worries and concerns are weighing heavy.
It made me think about how Satan loves to lie, confuse, and scare our children.  This is when we need a special Tag Team Partner:  Jesus Christ

Enter:  Good Heavens 
Signature Move:  The Tickle Monster
Finishing Move:  The Praying Hands



Now before you worry about the children losing the purpose of today's biblical lesson, don't you worry one bit.........






....everything was totally in control.
Total Focus Here.  :)



OK, so maybe we got a little excited but these children designed some pretty great wrestling belts.  Most importantly, they know that with God we are Strong, Mighty, and There is Nothing We Can't DO!!

The JESUS Express


I love God-
Heavyweight Champ


Be like God- Just Do IT


Christian Flag Organization


God Empire


God is Good


Meter Man


and his Tag Team Partner in the background


I asked this guy to give me his best wrestling face. ha. ha.

God is Great
(love the photo bomb)





WWJC
World Wrestling Jesus Champs



Good Heavens Promo Interview:
The devil came to the wrestling ring and said I was worthless, I can’t do it, I’m weak, I’m pathetic, and that I will lose, he told me I would be scared, and could never win, that there is no hope.
I stopped him right there and said… “IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT THE DEVIL SAYS”!! 
The devil can’t see me.....he can’t smell what Good Heavens is cookin'.  I give all those doubts the 'figure four' and 'attitude adjustment'.
Philippians 4: 13 tells us that 'I can do all this through Him who gives me strength'.  To be the man you have to beat the sin, to beat the sin you have to believe in God.
Ephesians 6:10:  'Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power'. My God gives me 21 inch pythons, brother.
Oh you didn’t know?  This is Good HeavensaMANIA- brother!   I'm the Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, believer in the Son of God.  This is the house that God built and God is my Tag Team Partner.
I can,  I will…… defeat sin because I have God,   Whooooo.  


No comments:

Post a Comment