Friday, March 18, 2016

10 Ways to Turn a Bad Day into a Good Day

As soon as C. got in the car, I knew his day went like my week.  He was ill, near tears, and tired.  Ditto for me.
Connor tends to be my emotional twin, which means this is the part where we start arguing.
Instead we came up with ways to turn a bad day into a good day (after all it is Friday).

10 Ways to Turn a Bad Day into a Good Day


1.  Pray
We do a lot of mini-van praying.
Pray to forgive those who have offended, hurt, or misunderstood you.  Ask God to reveal ways you can better yourself in each situation.  Give thanks to those who do support you.



2.  Ice Cream
(with Nana if emergency)
Luckily, Nana was home when we asked her at the last minute if she wanted a little after school Sweet Frog.

yummo

3.  Retail (window shopping) Therapy
Ok, we couldn't really buy anything today, but we got some really good ideas for future gifts.  


4.  Talks
I had already had a good talk with a pal from school and it made me feel much better.
Getting a boy to talk is no easy task but I am a master at knowing when something is wrong and I never give up.  
I'm an annoying mama like that!
I eventually learned C. was stressed about a few things, one being a weekend homework assignment.  
A six minute call to school clarified a few things and we were good.


5.  Vitamin D
Get outside to play and feel the sunshine!




6. Snacks for Dinner  
The picture says it all, so bad it's good.




7.  Picnic 
Have a picnic dinner in the living room (with paper plates of course).



8.  Watch a Good Movie
or sort of...Rocky IV 
(the best Rocky ever).




9. Workout (or Read)
I say read a good book on the couch.  
Connor says reading is equivalent to going to a torture chamber.
You take a pick:
I just got this one for the kindle.



Or a few Rocky Sit Ups


10.  Laugh
While watching Rocky IV:
Me:  Your daddy reminded me of Ivan Drago when we first married.
Connor:  really?  It looks like dad changed A LOT. I mean a WHOLE lot.


what do you think? twins right?


Have a Happy Day!  




No comments:

Post a Comment