Saturday, November 18, 2017

This Unexpected Life

This week has been an emotional ride and I am wiped out by the magnitude of it.  


Heaven gained two sweet angels and two very fine men. 

In the past two months, I have attended four funerals.  I am trying my hardest to stay steeped in the word of God to calm my anxiety that is threatening to spill over.  The anxiety tries to make me live in fear and worry, takes away hope, and doesn't promise another minute in this life.


This week I held my friend as I felt her grief and heartache.  I know of NO ONE with the heart, compassion, and grace of J.
I worry about her sensitive heart.  

I hurt for these girls but I remain so thankful for the beautiful family bond that they share.  
Please pray for their comfort and peace.  
My BFF J. and her daughter and the most adorable grandson ever

This particular piece was written by J's brother and I wanted to share it so that it may touch others.    
I think it is beautiful. 


Rest in Peace Friends



This week also brought a special recognition.
Between the funeral and Carlee getting strep throat I really didn't think I could make it...... 

....but y'all know I have the kind of friends that are pretty determined.  
They drove me, paid for the hotel, and did what they do
....and made sure I had a fun evening. 

I don't deserve such good people. 
Of course, Mrs. E. made a very, very, very special award with my most embarrassing "best" photos.  

We had a bit of a laugh because when my name was called I waved at my friends "cheering" but they were hidden off in the back so it looked like I was a southern beauty pageant queen waving at my MANY fans. 
(...and no one else waved?)




I had to use masking tape to fix my broken glass. (see right side of glasses).
#classy
The fun keeps rolling!


I love you ladies.  You made an ordinary evening very AWESOME. 
***************

By the weekend, I had one more emotional (but happy) event-
the wedding of a former student.


The crew reunited again and it felt so good.
I forgot my coat so I used Carlee's Frozen blanket for a 'shaw'.  #classy

A teacher never forgets the class that made her a teacher.   I don't know how well I taught them but there is not one child in that class that would say that I didn't love them. 
They were the best.
E. front row, white sweater

I remember most that Ms. Ellie was as happy to be in my class as I was to teach her!  Maybe neither one of us had a clue but we were very HAPPY.




 I actually invited my first class to MY wedding.
Are they not adorable? 

Ms. Ellie is in the pink and her sister is in the orange.  Below are Ellie and her sister all grown up.




Now Ms Mrs. E. is a teacher and wife of her own.  
I'm proud of you girlie.

My new life goal is to look as good as Ellie's mom when Carlee gets married. 
We have been friends since we both nearly failed Spanish in college.  
The mother of the bride truly looked buento bonita.



As Ellie gave her vows, my mind thought about that little enthusiastic girl that wanted to write about basketball for every topic, to the young Pollyanna graduate I was, and to the way that life speeds by us at a quick pace.  
This is an unexpected life.


I pray for this young couple as they begin a promising and beautifully complex life together. 



As the preacher stated this week:
All we have in this life is God and each other. 

I choose to take this day God has made in it's adventure, beauty, pain, anxiety, heartache, joy, and make it good by treasuring the relationships along the way.

 

Jeremiah 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment