Sunday, April 1, 2018

Old-Fashioned Easter


This weekend was filled with many Easter activities, that make me nostalgic of things I once did as a little girl.


Saturday we went over GiGi's house for some Egg-tastic Fun.



 


Egg Hunt Time


Carlee won the egg hunt (with a little lot of extra help from Auntie E.)  


Egg Decorating


Lots of colorful & messy fun! 


We tried all different designs.  


I'm not sure I could win any awards for this 'shake and color'.  (It doesn't quite match the photo on the box. ) 






Even though the weather didn't quite reach 70, you couldn't keep this boy out of the creek (a creek with mud, turtles, sticks= a strong magnet to boy).

They had the most fun splashing around.

Cousin T. found a "Sea" Shell (or rather a redneck seashell).  



We were so tired by the time we got home that I just crashed.  I woke up at about 2:30am and remembered the Easter Bunny!!  I had nothing ready and Darren had no clue where I was hiding the little stashes I bought this month.  I tried as gracefully as I could to put these together in the bathroom (while I managed to drop and bang everything I touched).  


The kids have loved board games this month, so they were given an extra special treat of a shared board game (there are amazing benefits to board games). I can't wait to play it! 
****
I was so tired I slept through my alarm and we missed the morning sunrise service and breakfast.  
Unfortunately, I have battled a lot of fatigue for the past few months and have forgotten a LOT of things (that will be reserved for another blog, another time) but if Easter has one solid theme- holding onto guilt is no longer necessary through Jesus Christ.  

Sunday Morning:

Our family was given such a blessing this morning.  The children and some adults provided an Easter musical. The music, the prayer, the children-  they all provided a powerful sermon to showcase the love Jesus has for His children.

Also, these boys made their mamas cry for a good reason.  
They blessed us with a song together and even re-sang it for the invitation.  
I was so proud of them both.
Connor also co-narrated the play.  
What a testimony to what God can do in the lives of children!!!
I once knew a little boy that labored through reading, could barely sit or listen, and rarely volunteered.....   
yet there he was reading and singing with all of his heart.  I was even more proud when Connor would lay a comforting hand on his friend's back as they would sing.  It was the BEST.  :)

What do we know about Easter?
God has a plan.  God takes us all on a very personal journey.  God gives us each other to learn (including our very own young children).  
God is a miracle worker!




Although Carlee had the opportunity to be in the play, she felt most comfortable in this position ... 
you know, until she was certain no one was a. looking at her, b. she didn't have to shake hands,  and c. was not required to speak to anyone.  
(Hey, I'm not stressed.  It wouldn't surprise me if God used this girl to speak to hundreds one day. ) 

We can still take a second to appreciate little Easter legs.

What a beautiful day!




Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment