Sunday, November 4, 2018

Breakfast at Tiffany's - BIG 40


I have a secret.
This month I am officially-


over. the. hill.  

I mean seriously, the BIG 4.0.  
To be honest with you I think I struggled more with turning 30 than with 40.  It is true what they say, there are a few great things about turning 40.  Mainly, by this age you have discovered who you are and make no apologies for it.  I may not have the hips of a 20 year old but I have the brain of a 40 year old and that is pretty awesome.

Another great thing about 40- good memories of past and present and future.  A few of my friends and I decided to make one more great memory with my four zero as an excuse.
We know the theme of most 40th birthdays is black, but I decided to put a spin on it with a different theme:

Breakfast at Tiffany's 

Dress Code:  Little Black Dress


I'm not going to lie, I was really excited about the theme because I love this movie and Audrey Hepburn's style.  I took about a month to pull my look together.  

Dork Alert-  I love nothing more than preparing for a theme!
 


Of course my ladies who could attend, did not disappoint.
As you can see, we are not going down the hill, we are going up the hill.  We could step into a movie with George Peppard any day of the week. 

this is not our limo, we just thought we would pose in front of someone else's limo
haaaaaaa


We started our evening at H. Vineyard for a lovely meal.
Best fried mac and cheese bites ever, a special gift alone. 

Dinner was pretty good too.  
Chicken cordon bleu... YummmmmmmO.




 “It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural.”
-Breakfast at Tiffany's




Can you believe this cake?
The crew commissioned my very own Breakfast at Tiffany's cake. It was one of the most wonderful things about the party.  

the home economics teacher at our school actually made this,
I'm thinking she can go big as the local Cake Boss



"But it's tacky to wear diamonds before you're 40".  
-Breakfast at Tiffany's



Special thank you to Ms. J. who gave not one but two beautiful recitations for my birthday.  


"A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick."
-Breakfast at Tiffany's



A wonderful serenade from the house band.


Back at the hostess home, we continued a bit more celebrating.
With a fashion show...


photo booth...

movie trivia game...



and 40 surprises for me!!   


My gifts ranged from adorable to hilarious.
Everything from recipes for black forest cake, a homemade sensory bag, a pill box, and arthritis cream to homemade soaps, a jewelry box, and fun socks. 
It all made for a lot of giggles like a bunch of 13 year old girls.


Let us not forget my most favorite gift-
Bird Watching Tips For Beginners 
(I find bird watching to be MOST boring, so they had to throw that one in there.)

 

I guess my favorite part has to be when I was given my very own Tiffany boxes.


My first ever gift(s) from Tiffany & Co.


 My first gift was not actually from Tiffanys BUT it contained the true nail polish of the royals! 
Essie Ballet Slippers Pink 
Even better right?

My second gift was a true Tiffany necklace. 
Isn't it lovely??  SIGH.  What a great gift.  




I have to say I love turning 40 with wonderful, special, and accomplished friendships (pictured and unpictured)! 



Thanks for sending me Up the Hill gals! 
 “Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
-Breakfast at Tiffany's 




No comments:

Post a Comment