Monday, April 22, 2019

Trading Tablets for Trails

Today was such a great day.  
We had no television, no tablets, and no technologies.
For us it was the wide open outdoors and a visit to my friend's (Mrs. A) new Horse Ranch!

I will admit that being around animals is soooo not my favorite, 
but boy did the kids have fun (and so did Mrs. E. who we brought along).  


Gal Pals (all 4)  


Forgive the picture overload but the day was too perfect not to capture.  Would you believe I got these on my phone!?!  
Enjoy the Picture Walk-




But first, this is a small video walk!   
I think I got some great ones.  💕





Gorgeous Stables
(like out of a movie)



Mrs. E.  
The Horse Whisperer
"walk...walk...walk...no...walk"   😆





My Lil' Natural Beauty

While she was timid at first, 
Mrs. A. and her daughters were truly the most gifted horse teachers and made her feel at ease. 





Exhibit A:  Mrs. A. 
The Best Horse Teacher EVA


Picnic Lunch






Horse Prep

Mrs. A. taught us all about the care and keeping of the horses (and the parts of equipment) before we rode out.
I mean I could always tell you about the difference in a European and Western bag (but now I can tell you the difference in the saddles).  




Riding Lesson #1 


I was scared of these large horses at first (as in don't put my babies on those things). 

They were truly the most loving and kind spirited animals.  By the end of the session, even I wanted a pony! 


All three of the horses were beautiful.  
They had the best names (which I will keep private for them). 


This is what we like to see children doing- 
working, loving, growing, moving, 
in all of God's Bounty!! 





Connor loved the horses but he really is comfortable around all animals (and reptiles). 




A little hoof cream.  
C. became more and more comfortable 
(perhaps she thought she was painting their nails?) 



Thank you Mrs. A. for allowing us a little piece of your heaven!
It was the best.  



No comments:

Post a Comment