Thursday, August 6, 2020

Third Grade Glam Up

The countdown for school has began.
I always find it interesting when people say "my kids miss school so much, they can't wait for school". 
I've never experienced that attitude in my house.
Both brother and sister feel that school is 'Clark Kent' and home is 'Superman'.
My kids have worries during school norms without having today's current events and commentaries.  
Also my kids are going through MAJOR transitional years.
We need prayer and peace for so many reasons.
Carlee is saying good-bye to primary and hello to the fast paced world of intermediate school, testing, and quick curriculum.  
It's enough to send anyone in a panic.
I decided that we would take a day and do a full GLAM UP- Carlee Style.  
(See Urban Dictionary if you must. ) 
That includes a day of hair, clothing, shoes, school supplies, etc.
In this COVID crisis all dressing rooms are shut down, so clothing shopping has been a nightmare for the sensory kid who has a girl body. The clothing industry have sizes so messed up that we almost can't tell what size she needs.  I have had to return a ton of stuff and have experienced even more tears (too short, too long, doesn't fit the waist, fits waist and not hips, texture is wrong, don't like buttons, I don't like pink, etc. etc.)! 

Still, we finally made it to a fun Glam Up day.

I don't know what I was thinking (my hands are still blue) but this may give us JUST the right confidence to tackle the most unusual start to a school year ever. 
Enjoy our video.






2 comments: