Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day Fun


Happy Labor Day Friends!


On this day, 15 years ago I was doing my own laboring-
12.5 hours worth and that was just while he was inside my womb
(but who is counting)!?

This stubborn boy was nearly a month late and still wouldn't come out after being induced.  



We are so glad he decided to show up.
Every year the kids get older and I tear up just reminiscing on the past.

Connor was my little butterball! 
Couldn't you just eat those cheeks??
No Worries- I kissed them all the time, 
so no regrets there.  :)



This year Connor had to write a paper about his early childhood in history class and one of his quotes included:

"I was somewhat of a mean boy, I would pull the dogs tail and I never could sit down.  I remember being in timeout ALL the time at daycare, at church, and even at school when I started school.   One time at two I got so mad in my room I knocked over a fish tank.  Fish and water went everywhere and even in the heat ducts.  That was one of the few times my dad said he got really angry with me.   I loved most when my mom would pick me up early from daycare and we would..."


I was so surprised he viewed himself that way.  I get many compliments about his good behavior and awesome personality.

Children are so impressionable and I don't think we realize the message sent to them at a very early age, especially high energy boys.  I know I didn't realize it at the time.
Connor has taught me so much about being patient, more kind to others, and best of all how to deal with boys.
It's my speciality.


You are very special Connor
and God made you in his image- just right for His plans.
We could not be more proud.


This year we celebrated with a Play Station XBox One Controller Cake.
I loved how it turned out.



Meme also made Connor his very own chocolate on chocolate cake.
To say the least, we have had our FILL of sugar this weekend.
(Even I am sick of cake and that NEVER happens).


When one turns 15 you have "hangouts" and mom doesn't take pictures, 
so we had our own private party where I could take as many pictures as I wanted.







Gigi and Sister Liz couldn't make it but they sent some very special -


We gave Connor the gift every boy wants- 
A Ferrari!

Maybe not what he had in mind but we have to wait until this COVID passes to schedule driver's ed class so that he can drive anything (by anything I mean a mini-van)...
so for now, this will do.

It must have been a good gift because the kids played from afternoon until night.




We took a bit of time to enjoy this tiny bit of fall weather with a snack picnic



and photo shoot.



Carlee also redecorated her room AGAIN! 
I need to get her away from Youtube Room Designs.


Speaking of designs-
we took advantage of a Labor Day Sale and got new living room furniture-
Yayyyyy.  
I'm too excited.

Our old couch endured one too many wrestling matches
but now we need new curtains.  
Let me know if you find any.


I saw this at the store and I just loved it.


 I took one and placed it on my window sill.

We are more thankful than ever to our many, many essential workers and pray you all have a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment