Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Sweetie 16


Happy Birthday to my Sweetie 
(I know sweetie is not very manly but this is my write up.)

I have been blogging for 10 years!
This one has been a main part of my inspiration,



and today he turns 16!!

I have some mixed emotions.  
It is so hard to see them grow up, separate themselves, and make their own (not always wise) decisions. 

But,
it's also such a blessing to have a 16 year old like Connor.
He is a good kid with a good heart
I actually worry his heart is too good for this nasty world, but I walk in faith that God has crafted this child in the way He wants Him to go.

Our Con Con:
He is so kind.
He is very forgiving.
He has never met a stranger.
He loves his family.
He would rather be fishing than in a classroom
He has never outgrown cars and trucks.
He has a terrific sense of humor.
He makes his family smile all the time.
He loves every sport.
He is great with little kids. 
He still gets very excited over holidays.
He loves movies,
dogs,
and God.
He is going to do great things in God's name.


I remember a time of never getting him to calm and settle down.   
Then it happened 
and made me a bit sad.
Connor energy is the BEST energy.


Interestingly enough I was thinking of his birth while simultaneously checking up on his grades last night.  
"The Name Paper" caught my eye and I pulled it up on the computer to read (expecting a heartfelt read). 
Instead:




It made me laugh in embarrassment.   True, Darren and I could barely agree on a name 6 months into the pregnancy of my first.  When I heard the name 'Connor' on a documentary I just loved it so much (it was a child, not the murderer, don't worry). 
Still, I'm certain his teacher thinks I'm a real psycho now.  
😟

This weekend was a fun celebration of Connor's 16 years.
He was surrounded by available family and friends, 
and we had a great chill weekend (with a birthday racing weekend coming soon).  



Things did get a little wild.  
#poprocks #coke


Food & Bowling 




Best Big Brother 
(while also ranking as most annoying to Carlee)


Dad's Right Hand Twin



Funko Pops


&

NEW Tennis Racquet/bag from Dad and Meme! 

.    


Dave Ramsey told me to hold onto the dollar tree candles until Connor turns 19.
"A dollar saved is money in your pocket."
(yep, I threw them in the trash.  We all know I could never find those things in three years.)



Of course, I had to surprise my buddy with a few goodies this morning.
It is after all the DAY of his birth.
I thought he might like to dress up "The Granny" car when he hits the road.




We love you Con Con
and we thank God for every single second of your 16 years.

Happy Birthday to My Sweetie


















2 comments: