Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Annual Toy Clean Up


This mama is sooooo over the toys.
I don't know how we even accumulated all of these things.

The more I started cleaning this summer the more I noticed....


we have a problem.
And, we have way too many duplicates.

Do we need 4 pairs of sunglasses?
We aren't the Kardashians.



Four Wrestling Rings?





Five John Cenas?
Contrary to popular belief, you can have too many John Cenas in your house.
I was able to bargain Connor down to three Cenas.


I know how important books are to early literacy,
but when one dumps six tubs just to get to No David No, it can be quite hard to keep it picked up and to keep things in good condition. 




Then there are the things we just have outgrown.


I went through each room, box, and closet carefully repeating the mantra... simplicity, simplicity, let it go.
Connor helped but Carlee didn't want to throw away a thing.

I had quite the prize box when I was finished.  




One of the things that remained hard for me to organize were the stuffed animals.  
I really hate stuffed animals but they have such sentimental value.  
 I just couldn't toss the frog Connor won at the fair with his grandparents, or the little bunny Darren brought home for Carlee, or the English bear from cousins. 


Neither one of them wanted to let go of any of the animals.

We once had a corner net hanging from the ceiling, but that didn't work when the kids wanted to get them down (or put them up) for play.  


Then I saw a cool Pinterest idea!

Empty a Bean Bag and replace with stuffed animals.  They can play when they want but zip them back in when finished.  
Then they can sit on the Bean Bag like normal.



I was not anticipating all the 'beans' from the bag.  They took over!!!



We had QUITE the mess.



We were picking those 'beans' out from every area of the house by the time we were done.

Connor said the Bean Bag chair didn't quite sit the same way, but it did fit around 30 stuffed animals!




Now the toy clean up is complete and clean up is much easier.


I have a slight container/tub obsession.
I always say in my classroom, as long as it's a contained mess, I'm good.


 I was so inspired, I've decided to go through every room in the house.

Remember, 
only save what you need, use, and love.









No comments:

Post a Comment