Friday, September 18, 2015

Our Fair is a Great Fair

 This morning when my alarm went off, my whole body felt like lead.  I was so tired.
It has been an exhausting week of field trips, meetings, and wrangling children.  
So what did I decide to do this afternoon?
Take my kids to the county fair.

Not the best idea.

After weeks of watching Connor walk through the door, start his homework, his scripture, onto dinner, and out the door for two hours of football without a break, I knew he needed some down time.



Connor with his Team Box
Today's ten year child is like yesterday's teenager.
I actually have a child that still enjoys play and imagination (thank goodness), but there just hasn't been very much time for it.

His hard work is paying off.  This week he was terribly excited to be the first chosen to carry the football team box.  
The box represents his team and brotherhood. 



He had 24 hours before he had to return it.
Connor picked out a Cam Newton sticker....


and the word Relentless:  constant, 
to add for the next teammate.


Everyone needed some fun time.  
With two children of such different ages, I recruited Meme (my mother in law) and we all met after school.


Can I say?  I. Could. Not. BELIEVE. what I paid to get my kids into the local fair.  I should have researched first.
Unless I want my husband to divorce me, I better start looking for another job this weekend:
Anybody got an RV I can borrow??

Other than the mid-day KILLER heat, everyone had a good time.
I let MeMe borrow my Kim Kardashian sunglasses.

Meme may be a senior, but she kept pace for three hours with two kids and zooming rides in the hot sun.
I was impressed.

Taking on The Dragon










Carlee's biggest issue was the carnival workers.
We formulated that as long as 
a. a family person could ride with Carlee 
b. a family person could warn the workers to NOT help her with her seatbelt  
c.  a family member could get her out immediately after ride was over..... 

we were good with the Fair.




We ran into problems at the slide.  
The worker at the slide had a beard (facial hair terrifies Carlee), so she began to meltdown when he tried to place her.


I had to climb ALL of the above steps to explain to the gentleman (after I stopped breathing hard) that he couldn't help her because he had facial hair.  
He was totally offended until I told him I LOVED Duck Dynasty and my Uncle Joe, who has a beard and plays the guitar.



The slide technician/ worker was very friendly after that explanation.

Next, I took Carlee to the Fun House.
The title is false advertisement because The Fun House is NOT fun.

I practically crawled through the thing.  It had moving steps, narrow halls, and Carlee was screaming the whole time.

The best part is (sarcasm) I had to SLIDE to get out of it!
Yes, I had to go down the slide (pictured) that measures about half the size of my butt.
Really people, couldn't you warn me prior??  No other Exit??  
It took me about 5 minutes of letting people pass before I decided to go back the way I came or risk humiliation.

Humiliation Won

I shoved my screaming child down the slide and went after her in a most awkward fashion.
We survived but I skipped the deep fried oreo.


If that wasn't fun enough, some type of gun was shot into the air and Connor was done with the "fun".

I don't know if you have ever watched the episode of The Middle when Frankie losses it on Brick over his fear of bridges?

I lost it.
No way are we leaving the fair after I paid a second mortgage.
Two options:  RIDE or take a spanking.



 Connor rode all right.  
Unhappy and with his ears plugged....

on The Tornado


.....on The Carousel, on The Scrambler......


on The Little Swing  (that broke).


See my movie for More Swing:



What is a mom to do?
but spend more money on crap

purple stuffed cell phone anyone?
6.00 Funnel Cake that looks like it was cooked 4 hours ago, anyone?

It's crap that makes us happy for five minutes before it goes in the Goodwill pile.



After we had all the fun we could stand, it was time to leave.    Meme and I had a HUGE laugh at me trying to get OUT of the parking area.    
This is the closest video I could find to show me trying to get out of the place-




Memories and Laughter
Priceless










No comments:

Post a Comment