Sunday, September 27, 2015

Scenes from the Weekend


It was the perfect weekend for relaxing.
There was a lot of rain, wind, and fall weather.
(Of course by relaxing, I mean for the other members of my family.) 



Connor did fit in a rainy day game and sunday afternoon practice with dad.

check out dad's helmet  :)

It seems everyone loves football this time of year.
I feel like we have ate, slept, cried, talked, and prayed over football.  
This sensitive mama is over it  (and that is the short version of my opinion).  

would be just fine going to a few ballet recitals.



Tackle On

 


Someone has scored major points with Connor.  He named 'you know who' as his hero on the All About Me project.




Then there is the fact that dads can do things like balance a huge inflatable bat on the nose.
You know the really cool heroic stuff.

don't mind the mother, I'm just cooking, cleaning, working, and planning your future over here, lol  :)


Saturday, Carlee and I decided to risk the rain, get our hair done, and go out for a pizza lunch!
Carlee was very excited about our outing, but then...



.....she took a turn for the worse.  
She began to cough and sneeze the whole time the hairdresser was cutting her hair.
The unfriendly hairdresser made several comments about how 'warm she was' and 'how she needed to stay home'.  I offered to stop the hair cut and just take her home, with another comment of 'I'm almost done now'.


It was a lovely 10 minute experience with a side of guilt.

Since my child was so "sickly", I picked up a pizza to eat at home.

I was rushing to get home in time for Connor and Darren who were finishing the football game, that I dropped the pizza on the wet porch.
The ingredients slid right off the pizza.
It was a true bummer.

RIP Pizza



As soon as we were back home, Carlee began to  to make a miraculous recovery.  
#toddlerdaysofourlives

new haircut






Toddlers are small teenagers. 
The drama is real.

What... the....!?!?
Speaking of drama....
someone had trouble picking out an outfit this morning.

I won't even tell you how long it took us to put this mess up.
I can tell you it took a lot less time than it will take for me to pull out a garbage bag next time.  #toddlertime




Luckily, we were able to end the weekend on a good note with a cookout and birthday celebration!


Happy Birthday Meme





Someone kept sneaking little fingers before dinner...



of course she claimed TOTAL innocence.



 What can I say?  I don't blame her,  it's hard not to taste test delicious icing.   
Cake is just like the weekend, too sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment