Monday, September 14, 2015

Double the Awana

This is my first year of having two children recite bible scriptures in Awana Club.
I now have a Cubbie and I have a T&T.
If this foreshadows having two children in school at the same time... there isn't enough caffeine.



Tonight I craftily placed the camera on Carlee from my laptop without her knowledge (except for the very last cut).  I was trying to catch her saying her scripture because I knew she wouldn't speak aloud at church.

When it comes to teaching the word of God, no parent has all the answers but I REALLY feel I don't have the answers.  
I just do the best I can with what I have and God will cover.  

I've come a long way from allowing Awana to be a stressful event for me.  I've come a long way from crying over Connor not reciting his scriptures as a little Cubbie.  I've come a long way from wanting to quit.  I've come a long way from thinking I fall way too short to be teaching my children about scriptures.

I've grown in Christ as a parent and I no longer compare what my children are doing and what I am doing with them in church.

Today I can say I'm happy in exploring the word of God with my children, even if that means all I get is 'God made cupcakes' (because He did)!








No comments:

Post a Comment