Sunday, October 4, 2015

'Let it Go' on a Rainy Day


This week started out interesting.  Around 11pm on friday night,  we heard a huge bang outside.  Soon after our power kept kicking off and on rapidly.   
Darren went outside to investigate, along with the rest of our neighborhood, and he saw a power line sizzling away.   Sparks were flying right into our yard.
The fire department came out and blocked off our road until the power line stopped sizzling.  

We are thankful for the lineman and the fire department.  I'm sure those men/women would much rather stay in a warm bed, but came out to make sure we had power and that everyone was safe.



The rest of the weekend was rain, wind, and cold.
All sporting events canceled.    
This gave me some much needed down time.
I camped out on the couch and finally caught up on a few shows.
I always start the season recording the new shows, but then I end up deleting them because our box gets so full. 
I never have time to watch all the new stuff, but I really enjoyed the fall lineup this weekend.

My favs:
The Middle:  If you are a parent, you have to watch this show!  It is hilarious.  Sue adjusting to college life had me in tears.

Quantico:  Ok, I haven't watched this one yet, but I have it recorded.  Hello?  FBI agents in training?  Stopping terrorist in the blink of time?  Who wouldn't want to watch this one.  BTW-  Is Priyanka Chopra the most gorgeous character?




Days of Our Lives:  Don't laugh at me.  I haven't watched this show in ten years, but I'm recording it now because all the old players are coming back (Bo/Hope & Steve/ Kayla).... AND there is a necktie serial killer on the loose.  Further more, I heart the new Chad DiMera.  I know it's cheesy but it's my cheesy.

Nashville: Sure it's a another drama, but there is some really great talent on this show including Lennon and Maisy.  Juliette Barnes keeps me coming back for more.  

Blindspot:  A woman is found in a duffle bag.  Her memory is erased and her whole body is tattooed.  The FBI has to use her tats as a treasure map to save lives.  PS.  Extra bonus the main character can kick butt.  (It's a lot better than my description.)


IN addition to watching, MUCHO TV, Carlee and I had a girls' afternoon.   It was my favorite activity of the weekend. 


Carlee loves to watch cooking/ cake episodes on youtube.  I decided to buckle and spend the afternoon watching and making a Frozen cake.  We made it up as we went.  She did a great job!







Watch here for all your CAKE needs.



I'm off to feed my Sunday Night Blues.
Night Y'all






No comments:

Post a Comment