Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween (in November)

I'm a little behind on my Halloween post.
Our activities have suddenly snowballed.

Football season is still going, basketball is beginning, and Connor has volunteered himself in the Christmas play (enter Christmas play practice).  Life and timing just kind of went cray cray in one week.

6:30am wakeup call


I'm very proud of this boy for hanging on when things get hard.


His team won their first playoff game on Halloween morning.


You might remember my children don't love Halloween rhyme.  


This year we decided to divide and conquer.
Connor would do Trunk or Treat with me.  
Darren would take little princess.





I just can't believe how much my little ones have grown in two years.  We love these little Halloween monsters.






Connor was a basketball player for school.
Carlee was Minnie Mouse for her Halloween Carnival.



 
Then she was the Little Mermaid for her Halloween party.



Then she really changed things up and decided to be Sheriff Callie Cat for Halloween.
(Dress up is her favorite form of play.)


Connor wanted to do a Carolina Panthers trunk.



In my head, I envisioned Trunk- or- Treat as a great mother/son activity. This was a sign that my head needs some serious checking.  
Is there such a thing as a successful mother/son project!?! 
I mean the mother pretty much does it no matter the age, right?




It's funny because in my preparation, I was thinking about a conversation between my principal and myself about the different 'thinkers'. You know how some children/adults are very conceptual, analytical, social, etc. ?

My first scoreboard draft shows you what type of "thinker" that I am:



No ruler.  No PrePlan.  
Just paint, glitter, stencil, and my creative wind.
(I had to redo the thing three times.)


Even though I was getting a little tired of the "planning process", our Trunk turned out great!
For two hours, we got to do our most favorite thing- 
Meet and Greet.





At the end of the night, Connor said 'thanks 
for doing that for me mom' and I decided even dressing like this.....







.....for two hours was worth it.

I mean really. 
This is love.
Love Hurts.



Apparently, Dad and Sheriff Callie had some challenges  (challenges like having to look and talk to other humans).
Hey, Halloween is not for all children.
She can join us next year as a prop, while we give out candy.




Other Halloween Trunks:

Farmer A. was parked beside us all night (poor gal) but
we had fun!


NERDS
(Are these not the best looking NERDS?  
See my football pic for REAL NERD.)




Follow the Yellow Brick Road



Cookie Monster



I love the Grouch.  
This guy is such a joy!!







We saw some pretty adorable costumes too:


Curious George and The Man in the Yellow Hat

The MOST PERFECT Princess Leia



Little Tool Man


Go Panthers!  


Prom Queen 1999




Arrrrr!  Matey!


Queen Vamp
(this disguise can't cover up the sweetness)



Happy Halloween

in
November


















No comments:

Post a Comment