Saturday, October 7, 2017

September Blessings

What a week this has been!   
It started with the terrible news that my friend's husband and classmate had passed away, then my knee just started randomly swelling on and off to the point I had to wobble up the halls (I know I need to go to the doctor), then midweek I met my teacher friends for a late night at the hospital to assist with a student (people have no idea the love of a teacher),  the day of the funeral Connor came down with strep,  and we had three tests and a project due this week.   If you add current world news and the worst massacre in US history,  you have one. bad. week.
random knee swelling
Needless to say, last night I laid on the couch, rented Wonder Woman, bought four songs off of iTunes, and when that alarm sounded off this morning, I hit snoozed and rolled over.   Before I start my full day, I've decided to lounge and share my September Blessings to replenish my spirt.  


My baby boy turned a year older:




With all of our changes and schedules this month, we kept the celebration low key with family:




I let Carlee pick out a game for Connor (with lots of guidance) of course.



We had his favorite dinner (shrimp and steak).

And the most exciting gift from the grands-  a phone!




We love you Connor.  You are the best part of all of us and I'm so proud of what an awesome dude you are in this crazy world.  
Happy Birthday


******
We finally got (a badly needed) new kitchen table.  It came with four chairs but we moved two of them downstairs and added the bench.  I love the bench.



 I can't believe how much I like working in Middle School.


My middle school babies are so awesome.
As a whole, we are pushing these students to grow and be more responsible, but I find they still need lots of support and nurturing (which happens to be my favorite).  


my math skills are reaching past counting to 30
   



This. Girl.
I love every minute of every day with her.


This was our first Roller Derby Party.   
It was so sweet.  
We can't wait to go skating again.



This child sure has come far from the girl who cried over every. single. thing.
ie.  Like I can't reach this chicken nugget. 



Football Season -
Supporting a BFF



Some things remain the same, like friendships and making up games that get water EVERYWHERE.
#boys







Milkshake Mania
We finally decided to go to the Burger Batch for the WORLD Famous Milkshakes.

sharing with daddy

I found the service to be bad, the space to be small/ loud, the novelty shakes to be overpriced, and the food 'eh'.
That is my grand review but the shakes do make a pretty picture:







Cars & Bowling 



I know the boy trend now is long soccer socks with basketball shorts, but with bowling shoes.......
Hillarious



Carlee did NOT play around with the bowling ball.



We had a great time, but little D. and I were terrible.  
We even tried trading the lucky hamburger hat for a better score but it did not help us one bit.
(I take that back- it helped us look cooler.)  




Mrs. S.'s Baby Gender Party-
Gender Reveal Parties were not the thing when I had my children but they sure are a lot of fun.


Sadly, we didn't get to wait for the gender gun to shoot (because the kids were scared of the noise) but Connor and Carlee were right, Mrs. S is having a GIRL!!  whoooooooooo.


Thank you God for all the many blessings, and I pray that we all take the time to praise you in good times and bad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment