Friday, December 14, 2018

Love Bubbles

I've restarted this blog about five different times.  
I really don't know how to start a blog when you are trying to say goodbye to a friend.  Not just a friend but a colleague and my daughter's very first teaching assistant.  
Do you know how important the first year of school is to a child?
The most important of all and we certainly had a dream team in Mrs. H. and Mrs. J.  

Did I know I would have to be saying goodbye to Mrs. J. the next year?
No.  
If I did I would have taken more pictures.  
I would have tried to get more wisdom from her.
I would have told her that she really was a dedicated wife, mom, teacher, and person.  


I would have told her that I would often look out the window and smile to see her on the playground during recess.  She was too afraid to sit down because she was looking after each of her little chicks.
I loved how she was patient in the lunchroom.  You never heard her screaming.  
I loved how she didn't pass judgement against others. 
I loved how she understood our odd little ducks.  

 




I loved how important her church family was to her.  
I loved how her and her husband would walk together every day. #goals  
I loved how she told me something nice about Carlee every time I saw her.  She understood Carlee.  They had a lot in common.  
I loved how she worried about us all (even though I often called her Wemberly Worried).  
I loved how she gave 110% every day and never got paid a penny extra for doing it.
I loved that she was authentic, no showboating for this lady.
I loved that she laughed at my craziness- my hysteria against her calm.
I loved that she was humble.

Today our sweet girls brought much comfort to each other and Mrs. H.

Maybe the hardest part of this is now I have a young lady who is faced with her first close experience with death.  Oh how she adores her kindergarten teachers.
Today I wrote a poem for the students at her school.  
I shared it with Carlee today.
Because Mrs. Joyce was who she was, her memory, her spirit, and her lessons will forever live on through us all.
Aren't we lucky that we got a piece of it?
We love you Mrs. Joyce


Love Bubbles
by Mrs. Amanda Sechrist

In life we have special people for you and me,   
people who can
dance and
giggle 
and people who pass secret drawings for us to see.

But what if that person gets sick and we can’t say hello
that stinks
I just want to go.

I wish I could see my friend, 
her name is Mrs. Joyce-
howdy!
bonjour!
hola!
I bet you can’t wait to hear MY loud voice! 

Maybe I can go on a little trip, 
I can sing her a song
make a rocket
even turn a huge flip! 

Today is not the day to play,
whatever are we to do?
I am sad,
felling down 
and a bit blue. 

But WAIT!  
There is a special secret, just for girls and boys
the best thing is 
it involves bubbles
and we don’t need lots of noise! 

It’s called LOVE Bubbles
so use it right
to take away troubles.

Bubbles you say?
that is crazy?
No worries,
I will show you the way!

Let me show you all about these-
the only requirements
follow directions, PLEASE. 

Now let’s start, 
think of your special person
with your hand on your heart.

Next, count to three,   
and fill a pretend bubble
with love
hugs
and memories that are all FREE! 

Put inside well wishes, 
a little squeeze
and don’t forget sloppy kisses.

Pretend that bubble is a big as the sun!!
now blow your real bubble
don’t forget to add BIG fun. 

Watch it float as high as it can go
where it will reach Mrs. Joyce. 
and she will know

It will float to her head and POP
a special gift of love
that will go on 
and never STOP! 

It will make her laugh 
and dance really funny,
All the angels will join in
and call her honey.

And those special love bubbles did a job well done
with magic and love 
the best kind of fun.

Now you have a secret, only you know 
to send a special bubble
wherever you want it to go! 







No comments:

Post a Comment