Friday, February 8, 2019

Scenes from the Sweatheart Dance

I've said it before and I'll say it again- God placed me at the right school at the right time.  Tonight was the Sweetheart Dance, and sure I was there as an employee, but I could also help with things like "what is a corsage?" and "how do you put it on?' and "son, you wait for the lady at the door (you don't run off like a banshie)". Mostly I could be a bystander in watching my child participate in something as sweet a middle school dance.
Today our children are exposed to too much, too soon, and too fast.  Tonight was about friendship and fun.  Having little crushes and giggling across the room.  Dressing a little nicer to catch someone's eye.  Maybe this will be the last time I get to observe such innocence but for tonight I enjoyed where God placed me.  










No comments:

Post a Comment