Sunday, December 19, 2021

The Mad Splatter



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 



Connor decided to boost Carlee this year for the star...
but she needed just a bit more (maybe next year bud).



Enter DAD


This year it's been a little hard for me to get in the spirit.  Truly there is so much going on in this world- so much hurt and need.  
I've really relied on God to help me through so many things I don't understand.
Anyone else feeling it?
One thing on my heart- 
I'm so over the STUFF.
We have a pretty big family to shop for but at this point,   I just can't buy more things.  

When the opportunity came for my niece's 14th birthday.   I didn't want to buy more gifts but rather I wanted to create a few memories.  

I was researching things to do for artistic and creative girls when I ran across -
The Mad Splatter!! 



Oh Yeah! 
They zip you up, turn on some music, push you in a glow room, and Ya' let ya' splatter go!!
It was hilarious.


I'm not sure how much Carlee enjoyed the wet paint all over her face, hair, and hands...

but the rest of us thought it was cool.
Tru even did a few cartwheels in the room (with neon green paint). 
As a matter of fact, we may have went too crazy.  We were out of paint in like 20 minutes.



Carlee and Tru ended with a good final product.
Tru wanted us to each put our handprint on her canvas so that she could remember it.   💗




Connor and I shared the canvas which looked pretty cool,

until Carlee mixed up all the paint in retaliation for Connor splattering her with hot pink.


We've decided to go back one day so that Connor and I can redo our genius creation. 


Next we hit up the Lone Star.


It was sooooo good.
Painting makes us hungry.



Look, 
we saw an elf!! 



Afterwards we hit up Krispy Kreme 
(now it's a partayyyy)!! 




and NOPE we weren't done because
we hit up the Sweet Frog too.
(It was Tru's day, I had no control in the matter.)


Total understatement to say we were so full we couldn't move.  


 

It was an awesome day.  Spending time with my kiddos was just what I needed.


Happy Birthday to Our Tru!
May it be your best one yet.







No comments:

Post a Comment