Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 2022


2021 is finished.  

In many ways I still feel very stuck in 2020.  It's like 2021 had the same theme but the cast had even less chemistry and humor than 2020.

IN this chapter of my life, each day is so fast.  It's so hard to catch up and reflect.  

There are evenings I literally go to bed without brushing my teeth, washing my face, and barley the energy to change out of my work clothes.   I know it's disgusting but I also know exhaustion like nothing else.  When you give 110% to everyone else, you experience that level of just being tired by 8pm.  I had to drive to pick up one of the kids at 9pm the other night and you would have thought I was asked to drive to New York City at 1am.  I'm afraid I am getting old.    

My blogs have been cut in half.   I've only posted 16 this year.  Do people even blog anymore?  All my Fav bloggers now VLOG on Youtube.  (Filming/editing videos is just too much work for me.)

I hate that I don't share stories like I once did.  This use to be my favorite way of expression and the way I worked through my feelings.   Not only do I have less time but as my kids grow into teenagers, certain things become more private.

Believe me when I say there are so many things I want to vent, share, and write about when raising a tween girl and a teen boy today, not to mention working with teenagers in current times.   Maybe one day I will write these things but just not in the middle of it.  

Overall I'm rich in love and blessings.  I have such precious kids, family, students, and friends.   God has given me more than I ever deserve and my prayer is that I never take too much credit or advantage of life.

A little photo recap of 2021:





I am ringing in the New Year with a lot of organization and rest!
I had a great Christmas break with lots of FaM time.
I will do a Christmas Recap soon.
Darren said he wished we planned a trip, 
but not me because I loved spending time at home.
We did some MUCH needed organization and cleaning out. 

 The stuff...UGHHHH.... THE STUFF.


We worked and worked and worked
until we created a few precious spots throughout our home.
I'm loving it. 




We traded furniture around a bit but it all worked out after about 3 days of stress. 




Carlee is really into aesthetic looks.  
(I know, just google it.)


Cactus Reversible Duvet 


with "aesthetic" pictures.






Desk Set Up.  
Not for reading and homework of course, this is for housing Sasha Banks 'Boss Time' studded rings and hair prep.
(All the books got moved to the basement without my permission. 😕. How are you supposed to have room for books and pencils when you were gifted the ENTIRE Dolly Parton Fragrance Set. 👅 )



Maybe this reading nook will motivate.  It makes me want to cozy up with a good one.


Y'all I am LIVING for this MommaMan Cave!! 

This fall we had our basement fixed for flooding.
So Darren set this corner over break and I love ittttttt.  
I walked the entire first episode (season 4) of Cobra Kai.
Any Cobra Kai fans?
New Season is OUT Fans


It's been a few years since I've been motivated to set New Year's Resolution but I do love goals (even if I give up on some of them).

I think the #1 goal should be to take advantage of the MommaMan Cave and get my heart health on.

#2- do more things I love-like go to the MOVIES!  
I haven't been to a movie in forever but I love going to the big theatre.  In the words of my middle schoolers, "it just hits different". 
I saw two 5 out of 5 star movies over break.

Spiderman No Way Home on Christmas Eve:

Connor and I LOVE Spiderman, although my personal favorite is Batman.  I just don't know how anyone can beat out Christian Bale but I'm pretty excited about the upcoming Robert Patterson. 


Next I took the ladies to see SING II.
Oh. My. Gosh.  
I was NOT expecting it to be so good.  The music, the voices, the plot was fantastic.  I want the soundtrack NOW.



Nooshy the breakdancing cat played by Letita Wright was my favorite character. 

#3-  read.  
I would love to average 3 books a month- 
informative, middle grade, and something for fun.


I barely met my goal this year. 





 I didn't read anything really great except for the Sarah Maas Court Books (love them, and I don't like fantasy).  
Average stars for most reads- 3.5





#5-  blog/ write/ capture
MORE
Stay Tuned! 


Happy New Year!!! 











No comments:

Post a Comment