Monday, June 27, 2022

Who at the Zoo!?!


Summer is here and life has been moving NON stop. 
So far, I've blogged 6 whole times for the year.  
🙄 
Ages 16, 10, work, and life don't leave a lot of room for rest and reflection. 
At the same time I find myself in a weird phase of life.  I have two kids getting older each day while I try to adapt to my own changing role.  
Connor can work, drive, and is so much more independent now.  
(The child literally has two years of public school left!!  I can't even begin to tell you the emotional journey we have been on since kindergarten.)
It's true that girls hit a maturity curve much faster because Carlee prefers clothing, the solitude of her room, and long talks with her friends (with her door shut).  
I find myself trying to walk a fine line between being involved and being wayyyyy too involved.
Additionally, I think the past two years in education have completely consumed my life due to the ongoing impact of 2020.  Any other educators feel it!?!   Not to mention the political tension and response of the christian community of the past two years has put me at a spiritual standstill.   I'm kind of roaming around on MoMZombie autopilot. 
In short- I'm a hot mess. 
Luckily, this blog has carried me through many hot mess moments and it's ok.
We shall overcome. 


This weekend provided a little fun trip to the -
ZOOOOO!
Who at the Zoo?
We at the Zoo! 


Connor's Zoo Love is still going strong folks.


Y'all I'm going to start crying.
Isn't he sweet!?! 
Remember when he made his own zoo??


 But seriously, 
he really loves the zoo....↓



We had planned to stay one night but we had so much fun that 
I booked us another night!! 
YAY! 



The Zoo was A for Awesome, but it was a bit hot and tiring as we moved from North America to Africa.
Connor's endless energy kept us going.  

I wonder if the Zoo is hiring??  I think he would make a great addition.
At the very least he could exercise ALLL the animals each morning. 



How big is your wingspan?  



Despite the heat, the animals were out and about. 


Say "Lion King"! 



It was great to spend time with family and see the  NC Zoo.  It had been years since I have visited.   

Here are a few snaps I captured:  


Tru and Car ready to take on the jungle. 



Connor and Aunt E. entering the snake pit! 



Caught in the Web 



Growing Pals 4 Life


I made Connor pay 6.00 to enter the butterfly garden with me (the girls were on the carousel).  
He was a good sport.
It was so beautiful, I had to pay for the girls to go after.
There were butterflies fluttering everywhere!  





Carlee at the wishing well (taking FOREVER to make a wish).


Look at all those wishes!  All proceeds go to polar bears. 



Finally Princess Carlee just sat in the middle of the trail.  
I think she had enough walking for a lifetime. 


 Picking up her very own elephant and snazzy gift shop necklace 
made it much better (and we promised a tram ride in the near future). 




After so much walking, 
we enjoyed our hot tub and pool time. 
I don't think any of us could get out of bed without pains the next day.



It was worth it.  
A beautiful God given day with family & The Zoo! 

Here is our video: 




Bob Cat Catchers- USA 



The rarest of the Animals-

Until next time Fam. 

💗










 

No comments:

Post a Comment