Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Festive Fun

This holiday brought lots of Festive Fun:
One of the highlights was taking Carlee to Disney on Ice.  I was not going to get tickets but after going on a field trip....
 I knew I had to do it.





Carlee wore her mermaid costume with boots and we had a great time.  


Although, I usually take Connor with us on our outings, I convinced him that this was going to be a day just for Carlee.  
After some time, he was super cool about it.
(Besides, we brought him back an Olaf hat with cotton candy.)




I didn't expect Carlee to be very welcoming to Santa, after all she still has hesitations around her own Papa.  I knew sitting on his lap was out of the question.
Darren took this picture and she did manage to whisper that she wanted a 'baby doll'.
***

This may be my last Santa picture with Connor.
I have every picture of him with Santa since he was a baby.

Although he knows that Santa is real, he told me he is much too old to be sitting on some guy's lap who may or may not be the real Santa.
(point taken)






Pilot Mountain Lights


I remember the first time Darren and I went to see  the Pilot Christmas lights.  There was barely anyone there and we could take our time to look at everything.



This year it was so crowded we could barely look at anything.
I think the kids enjoyed what they were able to take in without being mowed over.



Carlee loved Frosty the Snowman.  When she would touch it, he would start singing.



Annual Sugar Cookie Bake Off




Connor and I watched as many Christmas movies as possible.
He loved Elf, The Grinch, and Home Alone.
He did not seem to enjoy Home Alone II,  A Christmas Story, and Rudolph.

This big girl went to her very first BIG movie.

She watched the first 15 min. of it, played on the iPad in the floor, sat on my lap, climbed up the steps, went to the bathroom twice, and then watched the last 15 min. of it.


As we were exiting the theatre, a group of people got in between us and she went into full panic mode.  Although I could see her and she could see me, she could not handle it.  She covered her ears and screamed bloody freaking murder at the top of her lungs.
You may can see in this picture (10 minutes later) that she was not over it.

This girl does not like to be separated from her mommy.
#festivefun


We are ready for 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment