Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Fourth of July


Happy Fourth of July
Celebrating America has me completely exhausted but in a good way.
The weekend has been filled with all of the things we should never take for granted.



Starting with chocolate covered strawberries.... ha. ha. 
Seriously, our first stop was at Auntie J's house where the huge clan gathered for much fun and games.
We laughed so hard our faces hurt.


There were many intense games.  
Somehow I get involved the volleyball game each year.  These people take their volleyball seriously.
The game plan is usually for all team members to surround me to make sure I never even get a chance to touch the ball (because I couldn't hit the ball if my life depended on it).

We worked up an appetite and were provided the best Tex Mex Grill.  Yassss.
#'mercian food


We were so very excited to see Cousin L.
We never get to see her because she lives far away.


Carlee really loved playing with her and they were inseparable the whole time!

Ps.  How do you like Carlee's Fourth of July outfit?  
Hello Kitty Halloween Shirt



Connor really got into the Cornhole Tournament.
Darren and Cousin O. won the whole thing but I have issues with my partner whom I have deep suspicions didn't try as hard as she normally would (I'm talking to you Aunt Jen)!!!
We didn't do horrible, we scored a total of 4 points and we played twice (ok, so horrible).


Next up Karaoke and the Dancing Divas (or should I say Dangerous Divas?)  
#DangerousWoman


Of course the STARS of the night were Auntie S. and C. Myster (besides me of course).
Oh, I have video footage but I can't show it to the masses- trust me, you are NOT READY.



Our Pre- Car Ride during the Fireworks Show.
#sensory overload

We were summoned about 10 minutes later to pick up sissy who was screaming and crying.
#sensory overload



The next morning we were up and at em' for the Fourth of July Parade:



This is just a fun time to advertise our VBS, fellowship with church friends, throw candy at our community kids, and yell at Connor to SIT DOWN (since age 3).




 I swear I tried a little harder on these Fourth of July outfits.
Carlee is wearing Christmas leggings with polka dots paired with a navy, stripped shirt.

In case your wondering why Connor's trucker hat may seem quite large in this picture, he has about 25 Dum Dums hidden in there (like I wouldn't notice).





Darren had to work, so I took the kids to our favorite breakfast.
Mickey Pancakes 
(yummmmmmyyyyyyy)



And, because it wasn't very crowded, we made an impromptu stop at the newly renovated park.
It was BIG fun.


I was feeling like an UnAmerican Mom, so we went shopping for some new Fourth of July gear.



How about this John Cenation shirt?
#USA


We also grabbed some badly needed swim trunks for 50% off, I love American deals.
..SHARKNADO happening here....


....they came with 3D goggles.
This really confuses me, 
isn't everything underwater (and out of water) 3D?

  
After we shopped for more acceptable American attire (probably made in China) we headed to Nana and Papa's house for cookout and S'mores. 

Cousin A.


Fresh Air and Fun






Pre Wrestling Practice


S'more Time




Connor brought his sparklers to share.

After some apprehension, the girls enjoyed them a little more!






To all of my family and friends, 
Happy Fourth of July

No comments:

Post a Comment