Friday, July 13, 2018

O.I.B. Bound


We just got back from Ocean Isle Beach and I am experiencing major beach withdrawal.  

Vacation Video Here:


This was our first vacation to Ocean Isle and I loved it! 
I was born to retire in a beach town one day.
Even though it was July Fourth Week, the crowds were not nearly as bad as what I was anticipating.  




We were blessed to experience this vacation with extended family.  We had a great week.
I would have preferred to be in better shape and less tired (where did I put that couch to 5K?) but overall we had a lot of surf turf and fun in the sun! 



 My kids are part fish so we spent all day and some evenings between the pool and beach.  I love the water too, so I didn't mind but ........
our condo required us to walk up four flights of steps and five minutes to the beach.  The activity level was great but it KILLED me. 


Volleyball with Cousins


The weather was great and I pulled out my camera whenever I could, and I think I got some great shots of my growing beach babies.










I think I have convinced Connor to try out for swim team this year and Carlee has already improved her swimming stroke!  
Practice makes perfect and they love to practice.



Showing Off Swim Moves with MeMe




Beach Bums


Fourth of July 
Uncle G.  treated us to the best low country shrimp broil.
It was so good and everyone enjoyed it.



We had some Fourth of July excitement with Cousin O and fireworks,
 but what happens in Ocean Isle stays in Ocean Isle. 

We were also able to enjoy all the colorful fireworks in the distance.  They were going off everywhere and were beautiful.  (I didn't even get any pictures!)


God Bless America






We had a great evening laughing and talking.


Fourth of July Beauty Nails



When you are the family photographer, you have to sneak yourself in with a few selfies so your family will know you were actually there and not the maid!  



 At the end of the week, Connor really had his mind set on a big go-kart race amongst the family (he even made a fake trophy for the win).  Thankfully we had some family show out and Connor had a blast.  
I documented the whole thing in my video.  



Luckily Sadly, Connor won the trophy and the rest of the fam.  graciously took the loss.  






Next stop-  Ice Cream Shop!  
Meme got the best looking slushy and we had the BIGGEST CC Cookie Sundae (those flights of steps were not getting any easier).





Dear Ocean, 
Thank you for  your waves of happiness, exploration, earth, salt, water,  power, and peace.
-The Fam












No comments:

Post a Comment