Sunday, September 22, 2019

Last of Summer & Busy Weekends


School is in Session!

my new teal lights, 'adorbs' as they say in middle school
  
Anyone totally overwhelmed!?!
I hear you, I feel you, I get you.







It looks like this year my precious Mrs. E. is retiring.
This is the first room we taught in together and the room she has come full circle back to this year.  
What a bunch of memories we have together.  
I wouldn't trade it for a thing (even the 50 pounds I need to lose in this picture).
Wow- we look rough here.   haaaaa
To our credit, it was the end of a long day and I was here to meet Carlee's teacher.
Darren snapped a shot of us without much time to prepare.



I have a great group of kids this year and great co-workers.  What I don't have is time. 
Zero time to do what I know I need to do for these kids.
It is beyond frustrating.
As for me, I am having a terrible time choosing between time with my family and taking the time I need to complete paperwork and planning for my students.  While the answer should be obvious, when dealing with students who deserve the best you can offer while also observing that other teachers are sacrificing for my own children, the answer is not obvious.   I'm working my hardest at walking the tightrope of setting boundaries with ADULTS and doing what is best for students.


Today I ran across Pocketful of Primary for good tips....
This is one dedicated teacher and I enjoy her vlogs.


Honestly, I am fitting all this into one blog because I haven't even had a chance to get my thoughts down or photos organized (this takes more time than you would think).  

Extra Curricular and School 
I'm not just trying to work over here.  I'm also trying to be the Tom Brady of this family.  There is more to manage at home than ever and I am NOT a spring chicken anymore.  #40CLUB
Still,
the kids are loving their activities.  They inspire me to become more physical like when I was young (and I'm going to do it... one day).
I also try to always use times of stress as times to think of blessings. I am very blessed to have kids who are healthy and have at least one creative outlet they enjoy.  

(I think it's ballet with one t but some dictionaries list it with two 't's?)


Christian Flag Football



 8th Grade-  I thought it would be easier than 7th but we don't find that to be the case.  Still, anything worth doing is going to take effort forever.  I always teach my kids when given the opportunity don't give 100%, give 110%!  

They really hate me for that philosophy BTW.



Weekend Project



Speaking of School Work
These are notes posted by Connor's teacher.  
Is there a contest for best handwriting in America?  This teacher gets the award.  I mean WOW.
The downside, we tried to fit in about 10 pages of these beautifully written notes in C's head just now and I was like....
Image result for forget it gif


2nd Grade:  Carlee is working hard and loving her teachers.
She has a few things I am very worried about, so please be in prayer for her and our decisions for her.   I live in fear I am going to do something really stupid to mess up my kids.  
I mean more stupid than normal. 

I love this recent assignment by Carlee.  
She had to choose between fun activities- a play date, trampoline, dogs, snow day, etc. and she chose to write about the time she- 'Planted Flowers with her Dad'! 
#sweet  #daddysGal






Friends, Friends, and More Friends

There are always kids around during this stage of my life. 
Although time consuming, it makes me happy to see children have fun/ play together.
I think because I am a teacher and I see the lack of socialization today.  I support my kids spending time with other friends.  When I was in school social time was as big as academic time (or maybe just for me because I never shut up).  Now kids don't have the time or the prior knowledge to interact with others in a non-tech and healthy way. 










Birthday Continues 

This weekend we traveled to Mama's house to celebrate the September Birthdays and for some pizza with bowling!  

spoiler alert (a gaming chair) 😼  very exciting

Me Familia
my cousin, my sissy, my son, my daughter, my niece  
We all had a fun time.


The Bowling Alley was such a Hoot! 
Every time we would roll, it would play a hilarious cartoon with our pictures.



Friendly Get Togethers 

 That same night we had a cookout with the deacons and families. It was such a nice thing to host as the church year starts.
I feared I would be too tired to enjoy but it was a really neat spot.
Again, there were so many great photo ops.


Definitely my daughter with a SMORE.  lol.

Last night, my friend H, gave me this book for the kids.  
It is such a great book.  I highly recommend for anyone who has lost a family pet.  It is so sweet.

This is a woman after my heart 
1. a mother of 4 
2. the 4 are all boys  
3. great sense of humor.
4. admits to not having it all together
5.  loving soul


CHURCH ON THE MOUNTAIN
This morning we had a really great service on the mountain.
I'm not an outdoorsy girl, but I always enjoy this service.

We've had to miss the last few because I (or someone) was sick.  So far, my allergies are at bay but I'm working hard at combating them.




Coach Darren

Football, football, football
This is all my family studies during the Fall (sigh, good bye Lifetime for Women).


During our meal, I got one of these delicious United States Cookies.  I thought Florida was looking a little post hurricane-ish or perhaps I've read too much about the Super Continent from Connor's notes. 
? hmmmm


Luckily I have supportive church friends who turned my cookie up to show that it is actually the mountain that we were currently on.
Makes Total Sense 🤣  It's all about perspective.  

I'm just a woman out here trying to turn peoples' cookie up y'all. 



 I seriously need to be sleeping instead of writing this blog,



but I think it was a perfect weekend to capture the beauty and love in our space.  💗








No comments:

Post a Comment