Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Quarantine Routine





The first week of our quarantine was a challenge.  This change combined with anxiety- 'was everyone going to be ok?', 'How long will this last?', and 'How will we teach the kids?!?' made me feel like I was going insane. (Tell me this sounds familiar.)
In the start I was going into work some, home some, and in general had no structure.  We slept late and all the 'quarantine' snacks were gone in two days.  I decided we had to do better or I was going to lose it or die under a pile of laundry.  I finally worked out a schedule and we have stuck to it.   This system has worked for us and we have really enjoyed our time together.

Yesterday we videoed our whole day to show you OUR Quarantine Routine (and for any moms out there that might take or share tips).  Of course we didn't catch the footage of C and C fighting because Carlee poured Connor's hot chocolate down the sink, or me yelling at Connor for playing basketball in the kitchen while I was working, but the rest is how it goes.  This is what we do pretty much every day between Monday through Thursday.   
Fr-Sunday is PJs and play ALLLL day.    

My biggest takeaway tips-
1.  take Jesus with you
2.  engage children outside and in conversation as much as you can
3.  step away from the computer when it becomes overwhelming


Praying your Quarantine Routine is going well and you stay safe.  #sharemommytips

No comments:

Post a Comment