Monday, July 13, 2020

Did Someone Say 'Parade'?

Did Someone Say 'Parade'?
(I think I just found the perfect title for my autobiography.)
I once read a quote that leadership is all about finding a parade and getting in front of it.
I guess that means I'm ready to be the next president- 
all while wearing a crown of course!  

This particular crown was for the ladies who were retiring in the parade but it was heavy and sparkly and well...  
I couldn't NOT wear it the whole time (quit judging me)...
even if it didn't belong to me.  

COVID and the Quarantine Lockdown has certainly put a damper on a lot of things for people. 
We can still find our celebrations, our friends, and most of all our joy!  
I don't have a clue how I keep getting invited to all these parades (ahem...except for the fact I pretty much invite myself) but I have journeyed many this summer (8 so far)!  
I consider myself an expert, if you will, on how to have a Quarantined Parade.  
Just follow the steps. 😊


Assemble Your Team

Pick the fun family people that are more terrified of your driving than your germs.


Loud boys and girls are always helpful! 


Hanging Out
When you go 5mph for a few meters-
open the back of the truck, the side-door, the sun roof, etc.
Let EVERYONE hang all out 
(as legally and safely as possible of course).





Fast Pitch Gift Giving
Get the kind of fun gifts you can throw at someone's face 
(minus the pain of course).
Plastic, candy, inflatables, cards, shirts.....


If you have a weak arm, you may have to put your car in park and run out a gift in PJ bottoms while pulling a muscle.
#me


Do Some Social Distancing Socializing 
(6ft apart of course)

CUTIE cute cute 
(both mommy and baby)


My Partner in Crime and Fun

It's good to see people again! 



Decorate
Put the PaR-tay in the CaR-tay 
with some window paint, signs, and streamers.










Hit the Music & The Horn

The louder the better (I always say).


The only time you can literally stop traffic in the name of 'celebration' (safely of course)! 




Enjoy the JOY! 


Enjoy how much fun people have when you wish them happiness! 



Enjoy being totally silly in the face of a bunch of crap in the world.


It's tough out there.
Let's take a little ride to make it a tiny bit better.


Share the Fun


Share the Laughter


Share the Love 

It's always a good day for a PARADE









No comments:

Post a Comment