Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Birthday America


After getting back from Florida I was dragging big time, but this weekend helped to rejuvenate me.  
Lots of blessings to count.  
We joke a lot at our house that we are "spoiled Americans".... where is the stupid remote?  it makes me so mad when the internet is down!!! 

 The truth is independence and freedom are two things we should never take for granted.

July 3


Connor was really into the spirit!
Hey, the USA RULES!



This is our annual volleyball competition.
This family takes volleyball seriously. 
Rain or snow couldn't stop us.


Two members of the winning team!


watch out for the photo-bomber
Second Place Winners

I think the one thing all members of my family could truly agree on- I am the WORST volleyball player in history.  
(Really, it is UNAmerican the way I play volleyball.)


Cousin Girl O. surprised us by providing each family member a Coke with our name on it!

It was awesome.




Guess who was in town?  Cousin L.
They favor, don't they?
#adorable


All the little girls LOVE Connor.
He makes them laugh.


Next the magnificent firework show by boy Cousin O.

I thought this year my sensory children may take in the show
...but NO.

July 4


We caught the Fourth of July Float.
Sister A. always does a great job of decorating the float and providing candy so that all the children can ride in the parade.




Of course, our float had to pull over mid- parade for Connor to pee in the woods.
Luckily everyone on board knew Connor and we all had a big laugh about it.  



God Bless America 




I got to ride beside the sweetest little sparkler you ever saw in your life.
#icouldeather



Our Fourth was celebrated at home and over the grill.  Connor really wanted some steak and I thought it was a great idea (YuM).



$9.99 Purple Rain Sparkler 
(Uncle Sam would NOT approve of that price, not even the artist formally known as Prince would approve of that price.)




Happy Birthday America



No comments:

Post a Comment