Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Last Vlogmas- Extreme Cheap Makeover

Our last Vlogmas.


  
Maybe you know this about me already but I love to Deck the Halls right after Thanksgiving, and I love to take it down on the 26th.  
I really love Christmas but due to my work schedule, I hate the looming deadline of putting away my things, so I prefer to tackle it right away.
Day after Christmas

This year my body wouldn't allow me to do the full sweep (knee pain + basement steps) but I'm 50% done.  My one goal of the break was to clean out Connor's closet and shelves, but once we put Carlee's bed together her room took priority.  

I finally convinced Darren to get rid of the old computer (not turned on in 6 years) and desk.
TOO MUCH STUFF

I researched desk areas inside of living room spaces and decided it would look good if we kept the desk downstairs.  
In years past, we have kept some of the children's things downstairs because they always wanted to play and be around us when they were younger.  Now they prefer staying in their own rooms with their own things.   :(
Play Corner

This morning started with a 4:45am start to purchase organizers and sheets (little did we know there was a sheet set at the bottom of a lone Christmas bag).   
For the purchase of some tubs/ drawers/ organizers, we were able to do a lot of stuff.  
These tubs saved us!  We were able to store so many things.  They are deep, fit perfectly under the bed, and they have wheels! 

At our new desk area, I spent around sixteen dollars more to find a small lamp to match the larger one in our living room and I paired it with a small area rug.   
I also set up one of Carlee's books on top of the desk because it matched the colors from the living room, after all, Fairytales never fail to inspire.  




Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the way that it all turned out.   We have a modest space, and my philosophy is if we don't have room for it- it goes.  I had to get rid of a lot of things today that were really cute or I would use if I had a bigger space.  
I utilize what space I have and I enjoy the challenge.  Whenever I feel bad that I want another room or another closet I say to myself-  you want to make memories not more stuff.  


Tommorrow I plan to tackle Connor's room and the kitchen cabinets, then a little R&R before the start of the school year.

The kids and I had fun Vlogging our Christmas experience but now it's time to ring in 2018 with a little more simplicity.

Catch you in the New Year! 







No comments:

Post a Comment