Saturday, December 23, 2017

Vlogmas: "Wrapping Things Up"

Day 2 of Vlogmas.
Wrapping, Laundry, and a Call from Santa





Go ahead and pay the $9.00 for PNP Santa (unlimited children). These videos are lifelike and bring a little festive fun to the occasion (unless your daughter has a panic attack about being on the "bad list" like mine).
Although Connor is a little past his Santa days, we do one for him for fun.


Closing Kindergarten/Middle School at Christmas
I've made it to the halfway point and let me tell you- this dog can learn new tricks.  I've learned a lot from my 6-8 experience. 
Thanks to some really dedicated educators (and administrators), we have had a very smooth transition (give or take a few mild incidents).  

*********
Even though I'm at middle school now, we still had a Christmas Door Decorating Contest (whooo. hooo).  
You can certainly tell I came from a primary school because I was all about it.

I'm accustomed to help from Mrs. E., so I became very angry about my door quickly.  
I have no idea what I was doing, why I put up a red door with red/green letters, and why it was taking soooo long.  
The art teacher advised me to outline in black.... but it still looked cray cray.

Also, I could never get the snowglobe even (I cut like 3), so I just decided to make everything crooked and whimsical.  
'Ain't Nobody Got Time for That Yardstick'



This inside of my 'snowglobe' was the sweetest.  I photographed our school and blew up the picture (for about $15... did I mention I was competitive? I mean heck I could have bought a party for that cost.) 

Next, I photographed and placed all of my students on the inside doing things like playing football, driving a car, and sitting on the roof, decorating a tree, etc.  
I placed a little laminate on top for shine.  It was really cute.

I'm the Santa.  Sad, but true.

 The kids had a lot of fun with it (even the 7th graders).  One tough boy, in particular, was like 'you really think you can win with this!?! You need to add some real water or something...'

Keepin'. It. Real.


Poster lights helped the cause.  
What I lack in neatness and measurement, I make up for in Pizzazz (Story of my Life).

Guess What? 
WE WON Best Overall
After the break, I will have a little party for my snowglobe kids.

Speaking of kids, this year I gifted them a little stocking with galactic slime, pencils, pens, and candy.


It was a hit, but I already have a MUCH better idea for next year-  EARBUDS! 

Elementary school teachers are fairly easy to shop for, typically a child has 1-2 teachers in elementary.  In middle school, it can be more challening to show support for the team without going broke-
I decided to gift them a teacher lunch!!

I'm really thankful for this team.  It isn't easy to be an advocate for children, a mother to a learner, and an inclusion partner without ticking someome off.
My principal sent me a picture of the team enjoying the Christmas Lunch.
The teachers that I work with (pictured and unpictured) show professionalism and trust. 
That is pretty darn cool.



Ps.  I had to throw in these little Mary Jane socks I found and were very affordable for the girl teachers.  

Are they not adorable?

Whether it be a note, a call, or a gift- show a teacher how much you appreciate them during the holidays.

Christmas Party Fun-
We had a great party.
Family Fued- Teachers Vs. Adminstration 

I got to be a little part of the planning and we had some fun.  It's nice to blow off some steam (and the food was great too).

I was in charge of Shaking your Jingle Bells & Oven Mitt Wrapping


This year, I was blessed enough to take Connor with me to Carlee's party.  He wanted to go even though it meant makeup work over break.  
Hey, you only have ONE kindergarten party in your whole life- make it a family thing!

Party and PJ Day


Carlee's teachers went above and beyond in the creativity department.  They had fun with holiday learning every day for a month.   


Our Sweet Friends


I'm so thankful for the few schools that still make Christmas an exciting time to be no matter what the age!

Merry Christmas Sweet Students and Families

No comments:

Post a Comment