Sunday, August 12, 2018

What a Day, Glorious Day

 

What a glorious morning we had today!




I'm so thankful to the family and friends that were able to join us for today's baptisms.  A show of support means everything when raising "a child in the way that they should go".  

Is it me or does Connor and R. look like more than brothers in Christ?  #twinning  #bloodline

I'm also so thankful to our youth leader who brought me to tears with meaningful words about Connor's inquiry into salvation.    It gave today the perfect personal touch.

The following pictures are from the talented photographer and my BFF- Joan.  I think she captured a few beautiful moments from today that I could not wait to share with you.


My own words fail me when describing the wondrous works of Jesus, so allow me to borrow a few words that come to mind through this picture walk:

There is coming a day,
When no heartaches shall come,


No more clouds in the sky,
No more tears to dim the eye,





All is peace forever more,
On that happy golden shore,




What a day, glorious day that will be.


What a day that will be, 
When my Jesus I shall see,


 And I look upon His face,
The One who saved me by His grace;


When He takes me by the hand,
And leads me through the Promised Land,





(I'm pretty sure we are all having baptism cake in the Promise Land.)

What a day, glorious day that will be.
Thank You God! 

Connor Sechrist 
Saved: July 26, 2018
Baptized: August 12, 2018
age 12


No comments:

Post a Comment