Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mommies and Dundies Take II


Hello Friends!
It's been a month since I've checked in, and although I've had a lot of stories and experiences to share, life has been too busy.  
Maybe I can catch up soon but in the meantime keep me in your prayers because no matter how hard I try, I end up being depleted physically and emotionally by the end of year. 

For now, life with these two just keeps moving.  
Can you see this one trying to grow up on me?

This one too....
 This was his first year in track.  He definitely persevered and learned a lot.  
I am a proud mama.  


It is that time again.
a family graduation...
Dundie Time



Congratulations J.!
You are such a funny, smart, and caring person. You remind me of your mom.    
I know you will make the world a better place and we are really proud of you. 

You may remember his brother graduated last year- here.  



We went out to another great restaurant.  
This one served the BEST French Onion Soup ever.  
We had so much fun celebrating. 
I need another bowl of this please. 

I do wish the restaurant had made a bigger deal about the presentation ....
I mean this is The Dundies People!?!

....but at least the cake had proper spelling.  :)
It was so good too!



Way to go fellows!

can you tell we have forced this brother photo!?! 

God is good to let me know this family.

******************************
Once home, I began to work on my Children's Church lessons.
It was a good morning.  
The mothers were all presented with Chick-fil-A gift cards (whoop whoop) and we named our new youth leader:

I felt God pull our team to give this young man an opportunity. Please pray for him on this journey.  He is a special fellow and our kids love him.


In children's church, I spoke about different mothers in the bible and placed scriptures on the board as inspiration for the craft.  
I had the children decorate their own tea mugs for their mothers with a bit of raspberry tea for the inside.

These were a few of my favorites.  #hilarious


LOL
Connor made this one for his Darren's mom- MeMe. 

Any mother who raised a boy who could pull out a Lemony Snicket quote like this deserves Mother of the Year (even if it isn't relevant).     :)


Carlee made this for me:  My mom is funny and a teacher.  I love her.  
(awwwwwwww)

I was expecting Mother's Day to be a bust.  
You may recall this day doesn't go well for me- here.
I felt this the second we went Go-Kart racing.  
It's always a fun experience for me to get in and out of a Go- Kart (sarcasm) but the kids love it!  



Later, I was pleasantly surprised this year!
Darren really thought out a nice gift.  
check out the all glitter card

 Carlee picked this out for me, Darren didn't think I would like it but I think she did a great job (and I actually bought a new larger bag and need a few miniatures ones to go in it).  
#glittergirl

Although I wasn't expecting a Fitbit, I'm excited.   It's a really neat gift idea and knowing how much my heart rate spikes is good knowledge alone.  :)


It was a great weekend. 


Happy Mother's Day Friends!
We mamas keep the world turning.


No comments:

Post a Comment