Sunday, May 14, 2017

58-63: Mommies and Dundies

This was certainly a busy week for being a mommy:

blog 58:

By Tuesday this was my classroom.  Full Moon?  Warm Weather?  Tiredness?
Something was in the air and I worked 'for the money'.  I was pulling and checking and marking and directing.  It was a wild one. 


blog 59:



Connor went on his first really fun field trip to the ball park.
He was thrilled.  We bought a new hat.  He wrangled some money from his dad for gift shopping.  
Everything was set. 
Sadly, he did not have much fun.  I'm not sure what happened but I think it involved the words: crowded arena,  separated from adults and friends, laid his drink down, got yelled at..... That is the most I could put together.    
Either way, I told him to chalk one up to learning and we would definitely hit a ball game this summer.  #goals




Carlee has started to be a big help with homework.  

blog 60:



I made soccer snacks.
I brought soccer snacks on the wrong day.
I tried.


blog 61:


By Friday I was ready to cry.
Then our speech pathologist came in with the most beautiful flowers for me.
"Strong. Loving. Amazing."
Then I had to hold the happy tears in ....
what an awesome surprise.


By evening, I had a fun trip planned.
I went with Mrs. E. to celebrate a special Mommy time: 
the graduation of her youngest oldest son.


We got a late start but once we settled for dinner it was all laughs and fun.
I tried Sushi for the first time! 


(I give it a thumb up!)  

 

Then, I had a delicious meal of Shrimp and Grits.
I know what you are thinking??
Who was the real graduate here?  


Don't worry, I wasn't the only one who celebrated.  
I had a special gift planned for my pal.
A real Dundie Award just for S.!!!

This hostess was the best!
Sorrentos

All fans of The Office will understand just how special this award is to a new graduate.





Well deserved S. 
I've known you since high school and you have turned into a charming, funny, personable, smart, and innovative guy! 

We ended the night with a favorite:  MST3000




We enjoyed Mrs. E's Mother's Day gift-  
Chill Glasses

blog 62:
We had a great laugh at the cake written for our newly minted graduate:

Congratulations Sam
Would this cake be as good if the writing had been perfect (and spelled correctly)??? 
Me thinks Not 
(and it was soooooo good)
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 



When I returned home, I had many goodies waiting for me for Mother's Day.
This year Darren put in a real effort with the kids.  It was so sweet. 


growing fast
 I didn't have time for presents because we hit the road for a birthday party!
I promised this girl we would go.
It was big fun and we had a lot to celebrate.

blog 63:


I'm one Blessed Mommy.
Happy Mother's Day 





No comments:

Post a Comment