Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Pirates 2016

Once again another Christmas has whirled in and out like an awesome storm.  
2017 is sneaking around the corner and if the last few months are any indication I am in for some change.

I. don't. like. change.  

I don't like when people retire, when people leave, when people move, when family changes... 
I don't like it and I don't care what you say (blah. blah. change is life).  Even when that horrible coworker transfers- I'm like 'hey that was my horrible coworker, where you going?'
This is usually the time I turn into the 'fixer' but for now I'm doing what I hate most.  Nothing.

As I reflect on the beautiful holiday of this month, I am reminded of God's powerful promises and strength in times of change.

I'll let the pirates tell ya'.

These vagrants know all about change.


I was in charge of these precious pirates.
What an easy job!


I mean no problems at all....


I had everyone completely engaged and focused. 



My whole life has been about wrangling little wild boys, 
I finally get quiet little girls!!


Ok...maybe not Pirate girls.  :)

(minus little K., the only very calm child, who has the chicken nugget tub in her lap in this video.  Who gives a turkey chicken about singing when you have nuggets!?!  
I'm with you girl.)


this makes me laugh every time I watch it! 

No matter how WILD, these Pirates will teach ye a few things about God, Mateys!

God's word is true.
The bible is the true treasure. 

(Hebrews 4:12)


God's word is surprising.
How was our king born?  Where was He born?  Why was He born?
The answers may surprise you.

(Luke 2: 1-20)

 God's word is for everyone,
even crazy pirate wranglers like me!

(Acts 2:  42-47)


God's word is comforting.
If we have faith, God has the rest.


(Psalm 23:  4, 6)

God's word is life changing.

(John 3:16)

The decor was amazing! 

This year was an excellent Christmas play that reminded us that God's word is a true gift and true treasure to us all.
I was so proud of Connor, Carlee, and all of my church babies.

I wouldn't dare tell these pirates that I am worried about the future.


They would make me walk the plank... 


or clean the swab!



And, we want to be servants that God can be proud!  
When we listen to the Captains Callllll-
we say ARRR you gonna love me, ARRR you gonna serve me, ARRR you gonna help me reach the people on the beach! 

Arrrrrr!!! 
#wild4God




Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
My God Bless you and your children this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment