Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Traditions


One thing that make the holidays so great- family traditions!
We really get excited.


Tree decorating.

I don't know what happened to all of our trees but when we unpacked- the big one was gone, Carlee's was too small, and Connor did not have a stand!?!
Black Friday Tree Shopping began immediately.  




No real tree for this girl.  Even though I love the smell and look of a real tree, it is not worth the hassle for long holiday workdays.



I love every. single. ornament on our tree! 



They all mean something special to each of us.



Our tree is very simple and only decorated with homemade and gift ornaments with clear lights.

I did get a set of beautiful pastel glass balls for next year (maybe I will use them).  

We love it.





This year we were given a large and beautiful angel but we could not figure out how to light it up with our new tree.
We decided to keep the tiny one until next year.



Christmas Cookies- Iron Chef Edition


Remember this small tot?


She is still eating up all of the cookie dough.
I can't believe she is kindergarten bound next year.



We even had some new cookie cutters this year- Olaf, ugly sweater, and tiara!  




The angel is still a classic.









Commence Decorating (or Eating)


Other than Olaf, who turned out a bit creepy, 
I thought I did pretty good with my cookie decor skills.



Connor took so much time on his cookies, he only decorated a few.  I like his Christmas tree best.


Carlee did Picasso style on her cookies.


This year we included Magic Mail- a gift to us from a friend.  
It was actually really fun but the message does not last long after removed from the freezer.  

This is a Hallmark product but we have plenty of letters left over for next year.  
(ignore my helmet hair).



Until next year! 






No comments:

Post a Comment