Monday, August 7, 2017

Girl with the Tiny Earring


If you ask some people they will say this painting is so captivating because of the earring.  It takes a brazen woman to pull off a large pearl earring like that one. 



Today Carlee was given permission to get REAL earrings.

She is so over this imitation clip on mess.

just a bit nervous

I called ahead to see if two workers could do her (because if you know my drama queen there was no way she would sit for the other ear to be hole punched).  We waited for 45 minutes because they were so busy today.   Carlee was so excited but Connor walked away because he knew she would probably scream bloody murder.



She thought about crying, and I was waiting for it, but NOPE
....not one tear.  
I guess when pain comes in the name of beauty we can toughen up a bit more.


I was surprised she passed over the Minnie Mouse and Elsa earrings for some tasteful studs.


I texted her daddy and as soon as I did she said, 'don't tell daddy, I am going to surprise him'.  So then I had to send a text that said 'act surprised'. 

Carlee may not have all kindergarten skills mastered but at least she has her style going on. 


I haven't worn earrings myself in about five months.  I decided to buy a pair to match Carlee's ears.
She insisted on putting them in and luckily they have not grown over.


Matchers

We didn't stop there......

We love your sparkly ears Carlee.
You are just as pretty as a picture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment