Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Race Cars to Frozen Bars

When you are 'mom' you wear many, many hats.
This week I switched from race cars to Frozen bars!
This all staring with Connor who scored tickets to the Martinsville race.  No one really wanted to go to this one, so I stepped up and said 'you know what, I'll take you!'





Yes it was muddy.
Yes it was long.
Yes I sat in traffic for an hour.
Yes I got lost once.
Yes, I spent all day with my son, 
and it was worth it to put on my 'racing' hat.


Race Prep


Connor's #1 Favorite- Denny Hamlin. 

Thank goodness the weather was perfect.  I personally was most worried that I wouldn't physically be able to walk all day, go up to the top steps, and hike the hills.
Guess What!?!
I did it!  
I am so proud of myself and it motivates me to challenge myself more.

 

Connor signing the start/ finish line.  
His is the little, black cursive signature in the middle.
Short and Simple





Martinsville Speedway


We sat near Connor's teacher (and my colleague) Mrs. J.  
This lady is truly a teacher that cares.
She gives 110% and has bonded with Connor over racing.





So I admit, I read like 3 chapters of "Devil in the Spring" (aka. paperback trash) but I tried my best to watch the race.  I mean they circled like 1 million times.   
We did have a great view of Denny Hamlin's pit crew/ stops.


Prior to the race, Connor really wanted to meet as many drivers as he could but he didn't have garage passes.

Lucky he brought me...

a woman who waited in line 5 1/2 hours to get a handshake with the former President.



We waited 2 hours by the tunnel for any driver that would walk by the rope.  Connor called out every single one by their name, and 90% stopped to sign an autograph.
Not a single soul waited with us for that long.
I like to think I taught my son a lesson or two about perseverance
Ps.  Jeff Gordon walked by but wouldn't give us the time of day (jerk).

Here are a few other meets-


Ryan Blaney


Clint Bowyer


Bubba Wallace


Bill Elliott 

Dale Jarrett

Rick Hendrick
Rick Hendrick was super nice to Connor.
I love a man who remembers his roots.




Yep, we made AWESOME memories! 
****

Tonight it was time to throw off the racing hat and change into the Frozen gown.  



Carlee and I had a great time preparing for this year's Trunk or Treat theme.
At first I wanted to provide 'frozen' ice cream bars or snow cones for the whole theme but the more I thought about it, the more I realized...
are you nuts!?!
I mean really.




We decided to go with "Make an Olaf Snowman"


3 large marshmallows, 2 pretzel sticks, 1 orange tic tac, 1 tsp. chocolate morsels, 2 mini marshmallows! 

Yep, it took me forever.

We ordered Frozen gummies as back up (and I did have to get the back up).


Elsa completing Spelling HW before our Trunk or Treat.
We had fun getting ready with our glitter eye shadow, Elsa braids, white hair spray, and red lipstick!




Sadly, our Trunk or Treat was rained out but we set up a table.  I turned up "Let it Go" and we made the best of it.


I almost forgot Olaf at the last minute.  I ran by DG to get them to blow him up.  They said they were out of helium but I told them to please try it because I was going to pray over the tank (says the crazy Elsa lady).
They were shocked it worked! 
They filled this sucker up with no helium.
Fishes and Loaves People
Prayers answered for this last minute mom...yaaassssss.


More on Halloween Later

Elsa, Harley Quinn, and Joker


Cousin A. playing 'Pin the Nose' on Olaf


I had a good time being a princess with my doll.
We made AWESOME memories. 

Now time for me to change into my sleeping hat.
This mama is Blessed & TIRED.



No comments:

Post a Comment