Monday, April 3, 2017

22- April Showers


If April showers bring May flowers, then we should have plenty of gardens this summer.

I was soaked helping children during car rider duty.
I was soaked walking into (and out) of the gym (I tried my best to navigate the weight room).
I was soaked walking into the house.

My hair looked like a cotton poof at the end of the night. 



Tonight for supper I made homemade french toast and eggs (not gym food).
Breakfast for dinner.... yummy. 


 After dinner, I experimented with a few things=
1.  Mama Dew (see link here
This comes from Trim Healthy Mama.  I'm still not sold on this book but I did want to try a few things from it.  The whole time I was making it, I was thinking 'this is going to be disgusting'.  
While I don't think it is anything like Mt. Dew, it is NOT bad over ice.  



2.  Bone Broth
(I'm all about an energy boost.)
I cooked a whole chicken in the crockpot overnight (about 6.00 in the frozen food section). Then I picked off and stored the meat in tupperware (lunches, tacos, sandwiches).  I season the meat with olive oil and seasoning.  I put the remaining bones back in the crockpot with the leftover juices.  I added 2 tbsp of apple cider to "draw" the minerals from the bones (I have no clue if that is hog wash), celery/ carrots, sea salt, seasoning, and cover with water on low for 24 hours.  Tomorrow I will strain and pour into glass jars.

Stay tuned for my verdict.....



Ending the night with some dress up and WWE (the Hardy boys are back).

No comments:

Post a Comment