Wednesday, April 19, 2017

38- First Princess Prom

I'm finally getting the opportunity to post about the Princess/ Superhero fundraiser at my school.

Even though I had to work at the party, I thought Carlee might like to come with me.  Let's just say, I don't even want to know what Prom is going to be like one day because we barely made it out of the house on time.  
If only she had something to wear to a Princess dance.  
The poor child barely had any choices:
Princess Anna


TinkerBell 

We just were not sure where TinkerBell fell on the Princess spectrum.  

My favorite- Sleeping Beauty
Ps. My opinion does not matter.

Little Mermaid

Elsa (with Superhero cape)
We once cut the sleeves out due to 'sensory' issues.  Those darn gowns- not for the sensory sensitive. 

Elena of Avalor
Dance Gown 



Not Pictured:  Dorthy from Wizard of Oz

I had to finally stop her because we were not even halfway through her chest full of costumes.  We finally decided to bring two gowns- the multi-colored dance gown and Princess Anna.  I assured her we would change in my classroom when she was ready.
(I'm not even going into shoes with you.  It is safe to say that I have created a monster.)



Due to an ordering accident, my friend E. (not the real Elsa) let me have her Elsa gown.  
I will be the first to tell you that this was the most unflattering gown for me to wear.  I was a whole lotta' Elsa coming at you.  I probably really should not have left the house.  

But, at the end of the day I had a choice. 
I made a choice to dress up, to laugh, to dance, to find joy with my daughter, to be Elsa to her Anna, and to have fun with other children from my school.  
I choose to teach my daughter that if you want to find a true Princess or Superhero... you look at the heart. 
đź’—
 (...and anyone who has a problem can go cast a mean spell somewhere else)  

Princess Carlee

 Princess Side
Superhero Side 
(yes, that is Connor getting the little boys rilled up)


 Looks like the Superhero Side is all about the Party.


Our principal could not have made a more perfect Snow White!

Junior and Senior- 
Princess Anna(s)

Leading the Party Games.... whooo. hooo.

Mingling with the Superheroes

At first, Carlee was very much attached to me.  If you know our girl, she was very shy......
but the thing about a Princess is that once the magic takes over you have no choice but to get moving! 


What a fun night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment