Monday, April 17, 2017

36- Get Busy

I made it through a very challenging week.
(Though we had a nice spot in the newspaper.)


some names removed for protection 


I even got up very early Friday and tackled the house (and felt pretty good).  However, by Friday evening my body and mind had had enough and decided to revolt.  
I began to feel sluggish, tired, and the seasonal allergies are giving me a challenge.  Most of the time, I ignore my body and push forward but it's Spring break and I listened. 

This weekend between the Easter festivities-  I read two books, I slept in, I watched my shows, I took a three hour nap, and this morning I woke up to the worst mess ever. Multiple Easter baskets, candy wrappers, play dough, books, and toys littered the house. Two full loads of dishes waited in the sink.  Two laundry baskets full of laundry sat in the closet.

I ignored reality before I finally got going at 12pm today.  I didn't even feel horribly guilty about the potato chips my kids ate for breakfast.  By the end of the day I had a full vacuum cleaner bag, a full dishwasher, and five full bags of trash to carry downstairs.  How did that all happen in one weekend!?!  After soccer practice I finally made it to the store and pharmacy.  It's so nice to go out at night to run errands and not feel completely depleted.

I have decided this week will be dedicated to preparing for end of year, relaxing, and spending quality time with the kids.  I refuse to put too much pressure on myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment