Friday, May 26, 2017

72: Carlee's Special Day

1 year



Today was a special day for my baby girl.


First Day of (First) Preschool


It's Graduation Day




Time to say Good Bye (sniff. sniff).
Carlee is really going to miss Mrs. D.  I think her chill nature (and braiding skills) balanced Carlee and made school a more happy place.


2015

2017



We finally got a 'Mrs. J. picture' like Cousin O.  
All kids love Mrs. J.

Why doesn't Mrs. J age?

Good Bye to Sweet Friends
(until next year)


We are praying little Jordan will be in the same class as Carlee.
They have developed such a good friendship.


Luckily, 
Cousin A. is a permanet fixture.



The love each other (even though these photos did not capture the love).  lol.


you WILL hug me  :)

Nana and Carlee


Last year mommy had to work and daddy attended.  


This year, it was alllll Mommy! 
We decided to have a special day.




We went to Build a Bear!
This was our first visit.  To be honest, my kids are not huge fans of stuffed animals, so I have never found the purpose of going.  
However, the more people told me about it the more I thought Carlee might like it.


We first picked a special (but fairly priced) pink bear.  We were the only ones there so it was really nice to get one to one attention.

Stuffing our Bear

The lady helping us was super great.  
My only problem with her was that she kept asking Carlee if she wanted 'a special beating heart' .... 'a special brush'.... 'a special smell'....  all things that cost an extra 6-10 dollars to which Carlee would say 'YES'.  I would follow with...'that is ok, we will stick with the bear today'.



It wasn't until the she talked Carlee into a 10.00 "voice box"... aka.  "Do you want a bear that talks or a bear that says nothing?" .... that I finally put my foot down.  
"We will only have the bear and one outfit.  Carlee can use her imagination to make the bear talk and Mommy won't have to take out a loan for a teddy bear."



Carlee picked a special heart.  
The employee had her kiss it, pray over it, spin with it, jump with it as a part of giving the bear "heart" before sewing it inside.  
It was so precious.


Time to give the bear a bath! 


Now for the part where I almost chocked my own daughter:  DRESSING THE BEAR.

I had no clue there was an entire Abercrombie store for BEARS.  




I'm serious when I say:  too.  many.  choices.
Once we dressed the newly birthed "Lily", I mentally calculated a 60.00 bill.




I had to suggest demand we eliminate the 
a. hair band  b. bear panties  c.  and choose between the jacket or the shoes 




Right before we checked out, the same worker gave Carlee two free bows to put on Lily's ears.  
I guess an hour of clothing shopping was a sign that Carlee was pro-bow.


Lily
Next, onto bigger adventures such as going up and down the escalator 500 times. 





Our last stop was at The Cookie House for a pink kitten cookie.  I tried to take the picture as fast as I could but it did not last long. 


 



I'm telling you it was a very special day.


conked out

I love you Carlee, 
and I live for our special days.
Mommy thinks you will make a great kindergartener!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment