Monday, March 27, 2017

15- Work It

Today we had the day off and it was awesomeeeeeee.  
I need MORE three day weekends in my life.  
I think I've finally had enough rest and as a result I was very productive.


Today I:
✅  did my grocery shopping.
✅   went to the doctor 
✅   clean bill of health (with a more proactive plan to be healthier)
Ps. I heart my nurse practitioner.  It's like I'm visiting a friend for coffee.  She is the best!   
✅   bought pants/ 1 shirt for cheapo
✅  signed up for the (gasp) gym (I know!  Big Step)
✅   I ran by the pharmacy for the family
✅   I made TWO trips to the D.G.
✅  ordered soccer socks
✅  wrote thank you notes
✅  completed report cards
✅  started to go to practice but cancelled due to cray cray storm
✅  made tacos for dinner




I have a bit of a problem with Dollar General.  I think the workers believe that I live in the parking lot.  There is one cashier in particular who I enjoy.
I have some quotes for you (Yep.  I go in there enough to have all these great quotes).

Me:  "Hey, how are you today?"
DGC:  "I'm justa' Gravy and Biscuits.  I hope you are!"
[Blogger note.  I still don't know what that means.] 

Me:  "Excuse me, can you tell me the price of this?" 
[shows an Easter tootsie roll container]
DGC:  "DEAR SWEET BABY JESUS, I have no idea."

 I overhear a child coming into the store asking "where are the toothpicks?"
DGC:  "Either with the cups or in the dental section."

Checkout Time [debit machine]:
DGC:  "You can go ahead and work the machine.
You better work. work. work it.
work that machine.
work it."
[does a little jig]

***********

I have made a big decision.
I've cancelled my Netflix and plan to shave 5.00 off my grocery bill once a week to pay for this:


The Gym
It's. Time.

As I told the lady who took my information-  "do you need my husband's information in case I die of a heart attack?  You can tell by looking at me, exercise might make me die immediately."



We had a massive storm our way.  
Hail, wind, lighting, rain...  it was WiLd! 




I am so looking forward to this weather next week.   
Bring on the sunshine!  
My kids say... bring on the shorts! whooo. hooo
(for two days anyway)

In the words of the DGC Cashier:  
This week you better 
"You better work. work. work it.
work that machine.
work it."


No comments:

Post a Comment