Friday, March 17, 2017

6- Leader on that Beat

#6
I'm about to do the whole fuzzy socks, pajamas, and book thing right now.  I probably won't get past page 2 before....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
It is soooo Friday.

Our Leader and Me Rally went well thanks to the STARS of the show- the students!
Primary students are so precious.
Pre-K bringing it home with a cheer. 


During some of the speaking roles one little boy touched my hand and whispered to me "Mrs. Sechrist I am so nervous."  I stooped down and he was literally shaking like a leaf.  He looked like he was about to cry.  I was so worried about him.  I rubbed his back and said a few soothing words until it was his turn.  When it was time, he took that microphone and read an entire paragraph on his achievements like a professional.  He was shaking but he was brave.  It really brought me to tears because I know some adults that would fall over dead before they talked to a crowd (like the whole school).  It was very inspirational and nearly brings me to tears thinking about it.  

As far as the rap went... wellllll...... 
it was so bad it was good.    


The whole time I watched the video I was like 'dang girl.. you need to get in shape... MUST hide ALL video evidence immediately'.  True Story. 
But, then after work at the grocery store I ran into a friend.  She was telling me how worried her (very young) daughter already is about her weight and how it makes her cry at night.  To think of any young child agonizing over baby fat really stinks.
I would like to tell all ladies (young and old) you can be beautiful, you can be smart, and you can be a lot of fun at any size.
Let your DJ COOL A rap flag FLY and ENJOY life. 


*************************

Right after school, I surprised the kids with a Shamrock Shake for St. Patrick's Day.   

This 5th grader rebelled against my green this morning and wore all black, so guess who got pinched all day?

He really should have listened to DJ COOL A!

No comments:

Post a Comment