Monday, March 13, 2017

2- Back At It


2-
It was Monday and I was back at it!  After missing nearly a week I expected things to be a lot crazier than they were but it was a pretty good day.  I got a lot more done than I thought I would and I hope I can keep that train moving.


I even had a chance to try out the gift from my friend Mrs. D. 
Tickled Pink (POSH) Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme
It was like a quick spa after I washed my hands today.  


This year I have implemented two new reading interventions-  iReady and Reading Mastery and the results have been A-MA-ZING.  
I have opened up higher leveled books that have been wrapped in plastic for 8 years!?!



Of course, the students are more excited.  
With great power comes great responsibility.  Now I have to hit the writing so that they can answer those deeper comprehension questions (never a break in the world of learning).    


High five for interventions and high TEN for awesome readers.

I may not have mentioned that last month I joined Netflix.  The reason I joined was to watch the show Bones... but then that got boring.  Then I moved on to documentaries.  I watched Blackfish (about the damage that is Seaworld), Audrie and Daisy (about date rape), Aileen (about a female serial killer), Monster of Amsterdam (about a horrible man who tortured his daughter for 30 years)..... 
pretty soon I started getting depressed.  
It's like all these deeply moving stories are out in the world and I'm torn between knowing about it and creating a lot of anxiety for myself.  I put the brakes on before I even started Making a Murderer.   I thought it wise to look into comedy.  


I had NO idea The Office was so hilarious.  Why didn't anybody tell me about The Office?  My NEW favorite show.  I started with Season 1 and currently on Season 7.  What a great cast, right?

Today at lunch I actually did something new.  I packed a really healthy lunch and I found an empty and quiet room to eat it.   I ate all of my lunch (healthy food takes forever to eat) and I watched a 20 min. episode of The Office.

Most of the time I work right through lunch and snack all afternoon or I socialize for too long and get back to my room too late.  This was a new plan and I think it really helped me be more mentally prepared for the afternoon.   

I also have a totally embarrassing secret. 
I watched the episode where Michael Scott gets engaged and tells his coworkers he is moving.... and I started CRYING.  


I am so serious.  I really started crying (I took a picture).  
It was just so sweet how The Office people came together and were so happy for him and even though he drives them crazy they were so upset when he said he was leaving.  (I totally got it.  It was just so dang sweet.)

Ok...moving on. 


I stayed a bit late to work on props for our Leadership Skit.  

It was actually fun watching second graders act out the 7 Habits.
The kids felt pretty comfortable with me because they told ME ways to make the skit better within five minutes.  They had some good ideas. 

Say a prayer for us... we perform on Friday. 

I picked up peanut today and she was very excited about the snow/ rain.  

Maybe a two hour delay but NO missed school please- some of us had a sick vaycay last week.  :(


When I got home, this pen company sent me a pen monogrammed engraved (is that the right word?)  with my school/ name/ address on it as a way of trying to sell me something.  I'm not buying but I was very excited about the pen.
I don't know how big of a loser you have to be to be excited about a pen but if loving you is wrong, I don't want to be "write".
😃





No comments:

Post a Comment