Thursday, March 9, 2017

Happy 5 Carlee

It has been a while since my last post.  
This is pretty much what my house has looked like since January.


I have been completely overwhelmed and overworked.  There has been little time in my life for hobbies, rest, or relaxation.
I can't tell you the amount of money that has been payed in co-pays and medications in two months! We also have much planned this week putting my stress level at a 10:  birthday parties, soccer try outs, kindergarten screening, pep rally prep, and I really need to be at work.  
Imagine my worry when I came down with THE STREP.  I can tell you exactly how I got it.  I shared a McDonalds McFrappe with Connor. Every bad story starts with a trip to McDonalds. We have pretty much missed a full week of school.  That may not sound like a big deal- but last time Connor missed this much school he dropped a full letter grade in math.  I won't even tell you the story of me stepping on my only pair of glasses and the snow forecast for the weekend.....(insert scream).  

devil drink
Still, prayers have been answered because we are all in fighting shape today, Carlee is back at daycare with a full set of Frozen cupcakes, my awesome SUPERhusband SUPERglued my glasses until I can get to the eye doctor, and the snow might be more rain/mix after the party.  

Now that some major deadlines are behind me, I pray to get back to health and to things that bring me more joy and balance.

Today is a special day and warrants a special post for a special girl.
Life Ambitions:  Ears Pierced, Kindergarten

How can five years go by so quickly?  Honestly?  
Remember this baby?

We have a very special birthday party coming soon.
Here is a little hint.  
I had the wise idea of cutting 24 individual no sew barbie dresses with cheap fabric for the children to decorate.  (Yep...It's a hot mess right now but I think we can make a craft out of it yet.)

In my house I have a rule.  You can have a birthday party or a gift but not both.  I mean seriously this isn't MTV Sweet 16.  However, Connor has been insistent on getting Carlee a gift.  He picked this doll out and I think she will be really excited by it.  
Princess Tiana
I was touched because he has been talking about this doll for weeks.  Hopefully he can give it to her between kindergarten screening and soccer tonight (if health prevails).

Can you believe I'm doing paperwork for kindergarten!?!  I just sent this one to kindergarten yesterday.



Time certainly doesn't stand still.  I can only say that I am so very grateful, humble, blessed, and loved to be given five years with this girl.

Happy Birthday Carlee
Age 5

-you have had your own style (since age one)
-thoughtful
-serious 
-sensitive
-shy
-funny
-Connor is the #1- cat's meow in your life
-this year you want to be a doctor when you grow up
-all about the make up, jewelry, and shoes....  All the SHOES
-how many shades of pink do you own?  I mean seriously...even I'm over the pink (and I INVENTED pink)
-no shirt, no shoes, no sparkle... no sparkle, big problem
-love your barbie play
-imaginative
-insightful
-lover of church and Jesus
-lover of fairytales
-country music (thanks to daddy)
-pink cowboy boots
-Connor's teacher let you borrow a movie and suddenly you love the Wizard of Oz? I should have guessed you could overcome scary monkeys if someone threw in a pair of sparkly, red, high heels.
-your only fear of kindergarten:  two male teachers (maybe I can tell them to wear sparkly, red, high heels)  
-Daddy simply calls you 'doll'
-spoiled rotten and recognized as a true princess by mommy, daddy, connor, meme, nana, and papa
(sharing princess status with cousin A.)
they are so big! 



nearly 11 pounds at birth
(I called you my Quarter Pounder...I told you McDonalds was trouble)


age 1

age 2

age 3

age 4

age 4.5
(astronaut)

5


We love our baby girl! 



No comments:

Post a Comment